1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Gender.

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Corvus, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Yeah. That must be a really hard way to live emotionally. I can't really imagine that either.
    I don't think I'm in the capacity to RP someone who feels uncomfortable with their gender. However, Surge, from what I've written, feels completely comfortable being non-binary. :)

2. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

Just wanted to point out Remy doesn't identify as male!
    (Shaun did, though.)

In any case, you have a good idea at heart, but just keep in mind to do it correctly and respectfully and realistically. Actual Trans people don't run around yelling "BY THE WAY IM TRANS." My trans best friend took 2 years to come out to me about it.

Another side note on "coming out". It's not a one time event. It's a gradual thing you do every day to control, how much you show your true self, how much you hide so as you don't get hurt.
    In my country, it will literally cost your life to come out as part of the LGBTQIA+ community.

The keywords are: Do NOT make their whole character revolve around that aspect.
    Some characters are open about their sexuality/gender identity, that's good! That does not equate to making their whole character exclusively about their "difference".
    Just refer to what chron had said, yeah!

((Sorry for necroing an old thread. I just wanted to give my input.

3. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Whoops! Sorry bout that.