1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

For the Flightless

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Optimism, Mar 9, 2015.

?

Opinion?

1. Eloquent.

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Very eloquent.

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. Darkwhip

Darkwhip That Russian-Canadian-Nazi

-Logged in as SweetKrystal-

I was about to say that too.

2. Altair

Altair New Member

Kluex DOES preach love and kindness, right?
    [email protected]

3. Wreth

Wreth New Member

That and sacrificing your kin, and jumping of ledges.

Stab-Dancer

4. Optimism

Optimism Guest

I'd be flattered by the changing nature of this conversation, which went from considering the wisdom in a quote made for the Flightless to considering the teachings of the Arbiter if those discussing it weren't primarily ill-informed pagans and a Floran.

-Turavis-

5. Mitzi the Floran

Mitzi the Floran Sufferer of Prawnsequences

Have you ever stopped to consider that they didn't abandon Kluex, but rather your outdated religious views and racial bias towards those who are genetically the same as you but share different ideals? Since when has abandoning an entire section of your population and treating them as you would a third-class citizen based on something as principally daft as their answer to a single question, "Do you believe that Kluex is your one true god?"

If you would do so you are just as ignorant as those whose ideals you claim to protect. Forever will you be looking to the stars as those around you who do not share your beliefs take wing to places where they can in the end find their own personal freedom from your tyrannical theocracy.

-Macha Stainedwing

6. Raideck

Raideck Member

Yarrrrr fly to the stars without a religion weighing ye down mate.
    -Raideck

7. Optimism

Optimism Guest

All we are we have the Winged Arbiter to thank for. To turn a back to him is to turn a back to your identity. We did not choose to abandon the faithless unless they committed grave sacrilege. They abandoned who they were, and they abandoned us. That is what makes the wound all the more bitter.

Even if they take wing to distant places they will come to realize that they cannot fly any distance where the Winged Arbiter cannot see them, and their souls only become more wretched for it. The faith is strong, and when we find our prodigal brethren, they can keep running, they can choose to repent, or they will be left behind when the time for Ascension arrives. The choice is entirely theirs, as the one to abandon their brethren was.

Your lack of faith is disturbing, even to one who is not a devout member of the clergy. If we meet I look forward to our conversation, Macha.

-Turavis-

#27 Optimism, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  8. Mitzi the Floran

A much more realistic occurrence is that they will live their lives free of persecution without any consideration towards whether a "Winged Arbiter" can see them or not, and be happy with the knowledge that they are capable of making their own decisions without relying on a theology that brainwashes its followers to what their species could truly accomplish in space.

In divesting myself from theocracy I came to understand science in its many ways and forms that would stupefy even the most devout priest of Kluex, it is a shame that they are blinded by their own hubris to such an outstanding degree that they would consider themselves superior to a person based on the sheer presence of their faith to such a degree that it would render them so sightless as to how little they really know about the universe around them, or how it works.

A sightless flightless.

-Macha

#28 Mitzi the Floran, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  9. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Tanji ~ You choice of words in reguarding myself as an ill-informed pagan insulting. So I shall rise with a rebuttal.

I find the history of such a base creature as the Avian disturbing. It seems the supposed Flightless and the Stargazers are one and the same. While you believed you were stripped of your wings as punishment. As you’re worshiping of Kluex in religious absolution to regains your wings in the afterlife in all its glory. Fail to realize that you have already achieved your wings, and you flight upon the stars.

Several things among these so called Ascendants this Hylotl finds odd. One reads that your train of flightless to become these Sunborn and then their final test is to ritually and savagely require them to leap from your towers. Where one outcome is certain and the other is as the human phrase stats and I quote "a pipe dream".

Also you stated that there is no need to create enemies yet one of you forgot about was the Loyalists. Who adamantly believed that you and your kin should remain confined to a single star systems. And it shall be defended vigorously against all invaders.

What I found ironic about this was the literature says:

This means the Stargazar are also known as the Flightless, are no different from the Loyalists previously wiped out by the Stargazers many years ago.

While I feel this was written by a Grounded about the Ascendant I found this quotable from the Avian library states:

Now it is time for this ill-informed pagan to get another finally piece of objective information, Doctrine of the Grounded.

This piece doctrine states:

While the Avian bleak historical records clearly show that the Stargazers after all where gaining their wings and soaring the sky in regards to ships and FTL flight. Which the stargazers defied the first rule of the commandments of Kluex. This seeking of the star lead your precious Flightless that created the Loyalist and a schism or war between the two. Whichever allows you to sleep at night. It is the Stargazers/Flightless that are blinded to their own ostracized, oppressed ways of living only in prayer to Kluex. Yet you violate the commandments daily.

It is this ill-informed pagan Hylotl that feels the Grounded shell be the greatest light of the Avian species as only the sun spreads its warmth upon all. If an Avian does such, would he/she not be Sunborn? In the end gather all the Flightless you can it will not matter. It shall be a fruitless endeavor.

10. Raideck

Raideck Member

Yarrrrr all ye need to gain flight is to fly through the stars aboard ye ship, I may be Grounded in all ye eyes but I be a proud Avian Yarrr.
    -Raideck

11. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Buzz, buzz...

If you remove all of the fluff and stumbling attempts at wit from the above, it's rather similar to the example below.

Well, of course it would puzzle some of our priests, because not all of our priests are learned in the sciences, since it is not their primary area of study. If you want stimulating scientific conversation you should talk to one of the faithful engineers. Of course, you likely never thought of that. You'd probably ask a carpenter to explain the aspects of FTL travel too, and be disappointed when they looked at you in sheer bafflement.

Pagan isn't necessarily an insulting term. However, I see you actually made an effort to get informed, which pleases me, although you could have shown me you made the attempt with less words.

So this is the doctrine of the faithless? On the Aether, that is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Thank you for that laugh. And what does this minority intend to do when they liberate and free us from ourselves? Turn us to piracy like Raideck, or maybe into nonsense-talkers like Macha? Ah yes, glorious it will be, indeed.

-Turavis-

12. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

the day you dumb cloacas realize your supposed god "kluex" is fake
    will be the best day

grounded 4 lyfe
    --harrierisagodlol357

13. Snitch

Snitch New Member

very nice, calming, some how, I needed this.

-rageandfury1
    ((Rage-Beak))

14. Darkwhip

*Logged in as SweetKrystal*

Excuse me ?.. Kluex never denied science and exploration. I'm curious, do you have more of such stupid arguments ? As I know Stargazers frequently use technology and so does the Loyalist on Avos with crystal technology..

Farewell.

15. Mitzi the Floran

The priesthood indoctrinates and breeds out intelligence because its easier to herd sheep than it is to herd wolves. And the Stargazers with Crystal powered ships are hardly your garden variety brainwashed Flightless.

16. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Tangi ~ I tire of this discussion. Little reason for me to water any more effort on those that lack an open mind, or a least could be willing to see an others view.

17. Darkwhip

Definitely, you don't have any good arguments nor good points there.

18. Mitzi the Floran

The same holds true to your own argument.

19. Darkwhip

Definitely not.

20. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

A wonderful poem. Good work Turavis.
    - blackfeatherslikeanevilchicken ((Nessumontu))