1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Florans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wreth, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Wreth

Wreth New Member

I believe if you examine one of the floran doors as a floran, your character mentions how florans grow wood as strong as metal

2. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

[​IMG]

That brings me to the Florans controlling plants stuff. It is mentioned, but it's never mentioned to what EXTENT they can control plants. Do they passively shape wood over days/weeks/months? Do they literally conjure vines a la Sadidas? Curious things.

3. Wreth

Wreth New Member

I RP it as over extended periods. Like trees florans plant will grow into forms useful for florans to live in and stuff.

4. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

the bamboo grows as strong as metal, but i'd assume other plants, such as trees, which are harder than bamboo in the wild, would have the same ability to grown very strong + there are metal trees in the game, lol

Edit: I think they use bamboo because bamboo is a ridiculously fast growing type of plant, as well as it being naturally hardy, but the Floran are able to make them as hard as steel.

(Floran architecture is mostly centered around plants, particularly bamboo (as it is considered to be "strong as metal and [easy to] grow replacement"), with bamboo doors, walls and windows, and roofs made from thatched hay. Even their bricks (where they exist) are made from plant material, as can be discovered when harvesting a Floran fortress for materials) -http://starbound.gamepedia.com/Floran

#44 Khaltor, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014