1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Florans, Balance and Lore-supported in General.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Khaltor, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Fenris Fenrir

Fenris Fenrir New Member

Not much has changed in that regard, she just doesn't try as hard to be civilized. Mainly because she just got tired of it. And I understand about the regeneration thing. My main point on it is that its ok so long as it takes a good long while to happen

2. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

COMMUNITY BUILDING DONE RIGHT! What's the solution to powergaming and abuse of features? Easy! Ignore the powergaming and abuse of features! Then we can all powergame and abuse in peace.

In all seriousness, this is a terrible idea. This kind of thread is hardly toxic. Rather, it's good debate. And I've enjoyed both sides of it. If you want to avoid debate at all costs, then you're just running from criticism, which as a whole, the community often does. Ironic, because at the same time they constantly preach 'help each other get better' and all that.

This is a community, interacting with each other is the whole point. If we don't, we might as well split the server into four or five servers and never interact outside our little spheres. Debates like this should not lead to resentment, rather they should lead to a better understanding of the community.

My stance isn't that regeneration must go, or you're all bad people. It's simply that it's being abused constantly, by pretty much anyone who ever uses it. And if no one can propose a better solution, then my vote will remain get rid of it as long as it's a problem.

3. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

A point far better made without the first paragraph snark.

4. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

I believe you might have this backwards -and- upside down.

Knowledge is made up of both Intelligence and Wisdom. (Not Intelligence made up of Wisdom and Knowledge).

Intelligence is the ability to learn knowledge.
    Wisdom is how much knowledge you have.

The two do work hand in hand, but neither defines the other. For example:
    • A child with genius-level intelligence knows nothing, but learns quickly.
    • A Wizard has a high amount of Wisdom, but low intelligence, thus his need for life-long studying of the 'Arts'.
    • A Sorcerer has high intelligence and low wisdom, thus the ability to learn new skills quickly and forget old ones as needed.
    References if needed:
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intelligence
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wisdom

5. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

My stance isn't that this is a non issue that should be ignored.
    It's that unless the mods wanna get together and decide on the issue once and for all, constantly posting in these threads does nothing, as neither side of the issue will concede unless a compromise is forced.

Also really not appreciating your snarky passive aggressive BS, as well as putting words in my mouth.

6. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Intelligence is the knowledge you know and you ability to easily learn: It is illegal to murder someone.
    Wisdom is the application of knowledge and common sense: It is illegal to murder someone, therefore I won't do it so I don't face the consequences.
    Knowledge itself is just facts and information
    You don't need to have a lot of intelligence to be wise.
    And sometimes very intelligent people lack wisdom.

Your own dictionary posts contradict you.

Edits: grammar and spelling issues...

7. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

I am a good example of how in-depth knowledge can escape the simple-minded.

8. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

I love how this community is unable to NOT go off topic, im not saying this in a bad way, i think its cool, actually

9. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

So you mentioned turtles are awesome?