1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Flightless Hunting Party?

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Foreign Flora, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Sunday sounds good.

2. Olivia

Olivia New Member

Akili is scared.

3. Tallen

Tallen New Member

We're needing more people who want to play Flightless for this sunday'sevent, otherwise we will have to postpone it. If your character normally wouldnn't participate and you want to give it a shot please let us know.

4. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Does the character played necessarily have to fit the category of violent militant? How much role flexibility is there?

5. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Not exactly, but they must be a character already in or freshly recruited to the hunting party. Players wanting to participate are encouraged to make a new character specifically for this as there is a possibility of character death involved.

6. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Make it a probability, if the event's going to be like the last one. I think we lost half or more of the Flightless characters there.

7. Snitch

Snitch New Member

Id be willing to throw down for the Flightless as Rage Beak, depending on the time and how long the event lasts.

8. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

If this upcoming event doesn't see the use of one of my other characters, I'd be willing to roll a flightless.

9. Olivia

Olivia New Member

I'd be happy to make an alt also and play a flightless, if that's ok.

10. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Heh, there's a possibility of character death anywhere. But my question was what roles are there to be played in this hunting party? How much role flexibility/variety is there?

I'd like to know this before I start considering a character design.

11. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Is everyone just making cannon fodder for the mains? Or are these characters in the flightless hunting party going to actually go through some character development?

12. Gustwood

Gustwood New Member

Well, seems like the ones that survived are up and about. The only thing they really need to become real characters is a world to meet up on so people can develop them and such.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

The event would be much more excellent if the characters involved weren't just alt-throwaways to be mowed down by mains. The first event was spectacular. As far as I can remember the Grounded lost two out of five and the flightless lost two out of five. The grounded team managed to save 4 out of 7 villagers, right? Can someone correct me if I'm wrong please? ((plot twist, some of the surviving 'grounded' are actually flightless spies =w=))

14. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

If you include the villager that was used to start the event then yeah, four got saved. half of the ones who were actually in risk of dying were rescued.

15. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

I think this time I'll roll as a Flightless.

16. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

You are going to have to be less vague. The group is made up of flightless extremists, but that doesn't mean they are mindless. Any involved in this event would be combatants.

I do not want anyone simbly interested in making a character whose sole purpose is to die a prop in an event. While I want people to be aware of potential death. All character made are either part of the group and have a history. They think, they feel, and they don't want to die. They may be more violent because they like it, they may only hunt the grounded as a duty, they may pity them for being misguided. That is up to you. I am not trying to tell people how to play their character beyond explaining what the group is, why it is, and how they work.

Three flightless characters died in the event, and all of them were created specifically for the hunting party. I will never ask someone to make a character for fodder. I will never tell someone they need to accept death on either side of the conflict. Any flightless that do live, I urge you to develop them. I know prior to dying, the flightless in the grounded village event were actively roleplayed.

Do not make a flightless member just to make a stand in for the event. I want people to put thought into their characters so it make the events we do believable and fun. I wish our community was large enough that we didn't have to outsource people to be part of this, but it isn't.

17. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

If people.and interested and want help making a character that fits the dynamic of the group, let me know. Perfectly willing to work with people on this.

18. Optimism

Optimism Guest

I was requesting the same thing. Gaaah!

Okay, the above does help with specificities.

What I meant to clarify on was whether the members of this party all have to fit a combat-type role, or if they can be planners or preachers aiding the group, able to perform combat, but not specifically catered for the task of spilling blood or crushing opposition. A priest, scribe, scout, spy, or servant could all be examples. I was wondering if the role played was constrained to an armored Flightless wielding a blaster, and if not, how far away you can go from this role's area while still fitting the 'hunting' theme.

There are my specificities.

#98 Optimism, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Is there a place where the existing flightless characters can be recruited? Or do they need to be pre-existing within the group

20. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

The group would include non combatants. That said, they would not be in this upcoming event, as it would endanger their lives. The group as a whole can include just about anything under the sun(praise Kluex). That said they have no official titles in their ranks. No stargazers, no actual priests. They are a group cobbled together from flightless grogroupsound the galaxy. They are basiclly a roaming militia of persecution.