1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Fear Not!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Punished Tacc, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Eleven

Eleven Mädchen in Uniform

giefe naooow!!

2. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

I'm close to the first test version I would like to release. What do you guys think of this interface so far? Does it look like something you'd be comfortable using?

[​IMG]

EDIT also it expands so you can see more if that's your thing:

[​IMG]

3. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

That looks hella cool

4. Eleven

Eleven Mädchen in Uniform

does it load our charfiles automaticly? looks neat

5. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Looks user friendly, streamlined, no annoying menus. I could see myself navigating the hell out of it.

6. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

Yeah it does its best to load everything automatically, but if you have a unique setup you can specify where Starbound is located and it'll adapt.

7. White

White The Guy who is always working.

This lovely little tool's site is down for me, anyone else having similar issue?

8. Heldemoon

Heldemoon New Member

I can't wait to colour all my clothes in a fancy golden pimp like fashion. ^-^

9. Paeonia

Paeonia New Member

I have the same problem, they're probably updating it or something, dunno.

10. White

White The Guy who is always working.

Yeah, hope it comes back up, its a backbone for RP after all.

11. Paeonia

Paeonia New Member

Was hoping to paint Hannibal's armour black and then running around in Avalon shouting 'NONE SHALL PASS' and then randomly quoting phrases from the Monty Python sketch :p
    Guess I'm gonna have to wait.

12. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

Bah there was a problem with Hyun's Dojo which affected SBSE because I have them on the same VPS. They should both be fixed and back up now.

13. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

Please make it so you can change your hairstyle!! :D

14. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

You can already do this on the web version :)

15. Ratmanners

Ratmanners New Member

If I might make a request? I don't know how easily done this might be, but if there was a way to edit female characters to have access to male hairstyles, and vice versa, that would be muy apreciado. I play a fairly androgynous character, and I was half tempted to just roll a male to have access to some of their hairstyles.

'Course, this could be -impossible- to do, so if that's the case, or if it proves too difficult, don't even try for little ol' me.

16. Sen

Sen Guest

Androgynous characters FTW!

17. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

Off the top of my head I don't think it's possible but I got a few tricks I could try!

EDIT: I'm actually worried about my brain. I was thinking of something entirely different, I'm 99% sure I can have the option for any hair style regardless of gender. I'll make sure it's in the desktop release.

Speaking of which, I'm probably a day or so away from an early test build for Windows users, so keep an eye out on this thread because I'm going to post a download link here.

#37 Phaze, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  18. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

I wanted to post an update real quick in case anyone is wondering what's going on currently. I had a bit of a setback because I accidentally crushed one of my fingers moving some car seats, so I've had about a day or so where I haven't touched SBSE while I had that situation sorted. Currently all I have left to do is the interface for setting your hair and the interface for advanced mode, which I haven't settled on a final design for. I'm also going to make sure that your player save files are backed up every time you save through SBSE, so you can revert changes easily if you have a problem.

If things go smoothly I'm still looking at probably a day or two from this post for a first build to test. The good news is that I managed to build the application as-is on OS X today so shortly after the initial Windows test build I'll have one up for OS X and hopefully later Linux users.

19. Hour

Hour Dogu

Bloody fantastic, sorry to hear about your hand man, hope it gets better.

20. Flux

Flux New Member

This is a really cool tool, and it is obvious you have put quite a bit of thought and work into it making it user-friendly and intuitive. I'm anxiously looking forward to the desktop version.