1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Excessive OOC

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Angre, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

I've gotten in trouble for saying music players should be banned on several different occasions.

That being said, were I to be a music playing character, if someone were to whisper at me OOC asking me to stop, I would. Breaks muh immershun when I'm maybe planning something, or learning a character's backstory, and someone comes running in playing dragonforce or some shit.

Seems like music playing is an interesting phenomena. It's one of the few things that people will immediately resort to OOC to fix, because it bothers them out of character in certain circumstances. I will say however, that since rejoining the server, I am yet to come across any music players that I haven't enjoyed. They really know how to do it right. Kudos to them!

2. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Immersion.
    This is SB Antares we're talking about here.

3. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

And? Just because you don't find it immersive doesn't mean that others don't either.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

The Kobold has been awakened.
    Good morning Kaz. Perhaps you should come play with us. IN CHARACTER.
    DUN DUN DUUUUUN

5. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

He did that once, long ago. He was a biologist of some sorts. He lived in a bunker and had a sewage tank in his room.

ORIGIN STORIES

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Oh yes. Tell me more about the sewage-dwelling biologist! I musT KNOW

7. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

I've heard awful rumours about what happens to those who divulge the secret origins of Kaz...awful, terrible things.

8. Doctor Frohman

Let's remember the difference between Excessive OOC and simple OOC, however.

9. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Perhaps that should be posted for posterity

10. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Teehee. Posterior.

11. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Please post pertinent posterior

12. Ripley

Ripley New Member

Yea i got yelled at by posting a joke about the new super bright backpack i had on,which caused people to comment on the brightness, when i went on Oly. By the people who were complaining in ooc no less about it, even called me a newb for it.... Theirs a difference between major ooc discussions and light ooc banter and jokes. I don't mind someone DMing the ooc on a planet but honestly if they start yelling after bout 2-3 lines of ooc in every 10-20 IC lines then I'm not gonna listen to them. We ain't all cold hearted super immershun role players of legend here(least im not) so a little joking is to be expected here.

13. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

To refer to what someone else said earlier in this thread, maybe for you. Be courteous.

14. Doctor Frohman

The bright backpack thing is more of a "Ew, another novakid who thinks they can glow." Than an OOC "Yer ruinin mah immureshuns".

15. Yotan

Yotan New Member

.... they can glow. Just not all that bright.

16. Ripley

Ripley New Member

I forgot to switch to the softer less bright one before and i find it ironic that people who said "((Mah imershunsz! Nooooes!))'" about my joke and ooc mistake also started all saying at once "((/ooc the fuck out of that shit m8))" Again yesterday someone went /ooc nazi on me for me briefly ooc showing someone a frying pan i was working on to give them then going right back to IC. No one but him was affected by it.Now im not trying to sound like a raving madman here who has no respect for others. I agree with the cutting back on the ooc, really like it. But to me it as gone as far as if you do ANY ooc what-so-ever, your scolded/corrected/yelled whatever.All i ask is it to be reasonable and have the majority of people agreeing with it. Kinda like the IC music thing.

17. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

A lot of your issues sound like they could be resolved by simply using /w at the person you want to show something to. No one will come down on you for saying (nick yourself so I can whisper at you). I will personally say (/ooc) as soon as I see two ooc posts close to eachother that add nothing to the RP. Please, just be courteous and realize that it's not fair to others who are trying to foster a high quality IC environment. Patronizing them for that probably isn't a good idea either.

18. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

It's good to remember as well that once one person starts going ooc then the rest tend to follow suit, which causes an even bigger problem. You said it might not affect other people simply because they haven't said anything. Truth is most feel slightly or outright annoyed by it but are simply trying too nice to do anything about it andjoin into the ooc bantz, since it only adds to the problem.

19. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

And remember kids, the best way to apologize for OOC is saying nothing at all.

20. Narfball

Narfball narfball

how to fix ooc: just unwhitelist anyone who uses (( or )) in chat
    or any variation of it
    no ooc ever 100% imerzin 100% of the time