1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Toadkid1234, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

2. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

STOP KILLING MY DREAMS

Yeah, I saw the trailer. Obviously, none of that happens. Everyone knew that when they saw it. What do you expect though, literally every game does that in their trailers. However, I've seen people play it live and I drool over it. I love the realism, the fact that space isn't just pew pew I'm luke freaking skywalker and this is han freaking solo and chew freaking bacca, watch us destroy an entire space station and an army single-handedly. An MMO cant do that. This game is made for the realism and immersiveness, not heroism or edgelordiness.

I'm still excited about getting it. If you aren't, that is your preference and your prerogative. More space for me!

3. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

Even with the real gameplay, I'm still getting aboard THE HYPE TRAAAAAAIN.
    My current favorite space sim is boring as hell when first getting started out, and is starting to get a bit old and therefore the mechanics are maybe a little outdated.

HOWEVER, I've had many many many enjoyable moments, featuring huge space battles, reaching millionare status (Which took me like a month the first time cause I had no idea what I was doing, and I now have a little over ten million and that's in hte space of about the same time), and becoming THE EXTERMINATOR OF ALL BORON-SQUIDPEOPLE.
    So basically the fact that the gameplay (which is probably early-game gameplay) looks a little boring at first doesn't get me down. At all. toodeulz.

4. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

It's less of me killing your dreams and more of me seeing an article on the gaming news site that my homepage and thinking of Ray-senpai. I just liked the contrast between the trailer and the gameplay. Trust me, I can get behind this game no doubt despite me being a science fantasy fan over science fiction. My dreams of space will clearly live on in games like these.

5. Eleven

Eleven Mädchen in Uniform

*grave dig thread*
    did anyone play it so far :p?
    i did and its... :D
    [​IMG]
    pink :O

6. Yotan

Yotan New Member

It looks fun, but I am not paying the price to play it. Last I checked it was about 80 bucks.

7. Eleven

Its 40 GBP... that's like 55euro, which is common price over here for games.
    guess dollar to GBP ratio is bad atm :p

8. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

It's friggin great. I love it, but I've been so caught up with SBRP I haven't touched it in like a month. Stuck on the Cobra MK III, the Asp seems so far away...

You can buy it on Steam now, for $55 I think. Saving up my GBP for something big.

9. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

I'm waiting and hoping for a SP with player-hosted MP servers still coming around the bend.
    Then it might be fun times to play.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

I played this game on my brother's throttle/joystick rig and it was so goddamn fun. I want to form a wing and be a bandit/smuggler/black marketeer

11. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

I'm sure we could arrange for something.
    That's not really going to happen, honestly. Just play Solo if you want SP, and for player-hosted MP there's an option to play only with a group.

12. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

For that group play, you will have a instance of your own?
    And can you become like.. a shady junker like you could be in Freelancer? That'd be rad.

13. meanwhile

Pretty much, yep.

14. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

Could you help explaining that stuff then in a PM on how to become a shady junker?

15. Davarpe

Davarpe New Member

*Caps lock* i want it. *Caps lock*

16. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

It's so much fun omg. I havent touched it recently due to SBRP being fun, but I might start it up again.

I'm unfortunately one of those goody two shoes who doesnt want to do illegal stuff, so that disqualifies me from working with 80% of other people I'm sure.

17. meanwhile

Surprisingly, only a very small amount of people actually pirate in the game since there's literally no benefit to it. The money you get doesn't amount to what you can earn after 30 minutes of bounty hunting.

18. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

See I havent played online mode since the first time I did I got interdicted and blown to hell.

Now that I have a Cobra MK III I might have a chance. Shrug. Time to plug in the ol X52.

19. Eleven

joystick :O HOMAS ftw xD

20. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

HOTAS is better bb. Friggin feel like a pilot or whatever the people that fly things are called.