1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Discussion - Personal Shields and Laser Weapons

Discussion in 'Unofficial Lore Discussion' started by Tallen, Aug 4, 2015.

1. CrackShotCleric

CrackShotCleric New Member

All that is great, but none of those answered the question. I worked for smokestack for a day or two, I think my character may have been fired because of inactivity, but I was payed with "pretend money, because we don't actually trade anything as payment on the server" or so I was told. All transactions I've made were in "hypothetical money" because I never actually transfered anything from my character to the character I bought things from.

That's my point when it comes to controlling who has this stuff, it's moot. Resources and costs are all entirely hypothetical, in both planning and practice. We pretend to trade resources and money when we RP IN CHARACTER. So we can easily create a character who sets up a forge, smithy, and fabrication shop in his landed cargo freighter to start fabricating any of the stuff we have just talked about and any notion of controlling their supply or availability goes out the window.

And don't even start on needing resources. My job for smoke stack was gathering said resources and it was really just showing up to say that I mined them and dropped them off because everyone just spawns them in anyways when they make things.

Which is why I propose to just establish different tiers of weapons and armour (standard, shielding, or any combination there of) and establish rules on how they effect a standard character in regards to mobility, agility, speed, dexterety, and required space to move while the weapons and shielding are in use.

This is a RP server that allows characters to build unique character builds but wants to establish fairness. By standardizing these elements, we further encourage players to create the character builds we are so used to while making all rp combat much more streamlined and more focused on the rp then debating how much damage was done and how that damaged affected the character.

2. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

I'd uh, like to mention that there's a specific discussion in place regarding armoring. This is I believe for shields and lasers.. no?

3. CrackShotCleric

CrackShotCleric New Member

It all has tied in. Please read the entire thread.

4. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

I have been.