1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[Discussion] Guns, guns, and more guns.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doc, Apr 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

To be fair here, Haplap, there are two very practical solutions to this problem: Either characters can stop walking everywhere with an arsenal in their pockets, or colony owners can start employing gun control laws. I don't see the former ever happening, which is sensible; the setting is full of danger, it's normal for people to want to protect themselves. It's up to the colony owners to do something about this issue, because they do have the power.

Now, don't get me wrong, I totally agree that characters should start acting sensibly and try to resolve problems through discussion, not murder, but I don't see that changing any time soon. If it's in a character's nature to shoot first and ask questions later, then that isn't gonna change unless something IC causes that to change. So, instead of asking the characters to change, do something about the colonies. In the future, maybe more characters will be created that -aren't- gun-toting maniacs.

2. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

My character carries a gun because she is paranoid. It depends on whether or not your character has a reason for being armed.

3. TrashHound

There's nothing wrong with characters having guns, it's how eager they are to use them. I understand carrying a weapon for self defense, but when your first reaction to every problem is to use said weapon, you've got some serious problems. I'm just asking that people try and use words sometime, instead of blasting away the next person you don't like.

4. Doc

Doc Video Game Extraordinaire

Exactly. Carrying a gun for self defense is one thing, but immediately resorting to flat out fucking killing another person is just ridiculous. I don't care how hardened and gritty you are, unless you've legit got mental issues, killing should never be your first course of action to solve a problem.