1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

criminals and shit

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by skeletor, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

I never said anything about killing them. I said that they were adequately warned about the consequences of doing it again and that should could as consent. See below
    As for guards consenting when on patrol, that isn't up to me it's up to them. I agree it should always be both or neither, though, unless one side specifically wants to consent even though the other doesn't.

2. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

I have a character that would fit a criminal gang perfectly. If you guys want to stop bickering now, I'd be interested in actually taking part in something like this.

3. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

Oh, it's this thread again.

I gave this whole thing some thought recently, and sort of wondered why this never takes off. I mean we have had probably dozens of groups like this time and again, and they never really get anywhere. Shady groups profiteering off of other people's misery. Hell, Radical Industries was planned to be entirely that before eventually Snitch and I just realized it would be way more profitable to sell actual products legitimately.

So why doesn't it work, while effectively the "good guys" manage to build up. Well because the good guys build up.

I think in order for any criminal activity to be successful, you need to start from the bottom. I've yet to interact with him, but Ricardo seems to have a cool thing going on with Pooky. A small time ruffian, who's tagging stuff. Its simple, and effective. The Deckers are also fairly effective antagonists, just being these awful space punk hackers. They aren't running some sort of kingpin organization, they are just getting by like everyone else.

Considering a good number of characters on the server are small time good guys it would make more sense to have small time bad guys. Currently as it stands I can only think of two enterprising characters that are currently active on the server (Cullen and Holon). So in the event that a "mafia" is established, you are limited in your options of big time crime. Attacking Pinewood is effectively a waste of your time, and the guys at Orwell would lay you flat pretty quick. On top of that, being a big crime syndicate will turn most people against you, which is most of the server. Since there realistically aren't that many players, you wouldn't make it very far, even if you do receive support, since you will also receive resistance from previously established characters.

So effectively, my two cents on it is to go smaller. Don't do anything that will get you killed. Do things like make a street-wise space greaser gang. Break stuff, steal stuff, mug people, whistle at pretty girls, etc. Surround yourself with thugs, screw with guards, and don't always hop to violence at the first sign of trouble. Be smooth, talk your way out of situations. Create good roleplay.

If you can put together a successful small time gang, then you can go big.

4. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

Orwell security will only get physical if it absolutely has to.

I remember when being a small time criminal didn't mean getting immediately threatened with your life. The macho man security makes it impossible to RP crime.