1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Construction and Management of a New RP Hub

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Unix, Jun 6, 2014.

?

Cyberpunk Land-Based City with a large focus on law and order and with modern-day govt. systems.

1. I'm totally okay with this.

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I would join this shit, maaaaan.

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. es worst

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Other (Please specify with a post.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Narfball

Narfball narfball

TRI-SEAL OF DISAPPROVAL, MAY THE MODS HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOL.

View attachment 1660 View attachment 1660 View attachment 1660

Attached Files:

2. Unix

Unix Guest

Seriously.

I've never been kicked out of Liberty Mills, I think the steampunk thing is nice, and hepu is best - but are you going to tell me with a straight face that Liberty Mills is the face of Law and Order?

I don't even remember the last time I've seen a fleet officer on patrol. A court or series of trials just, like, isn't even a thing. Also they're theocratic, and that's a general no-no.

I'm using Liberty as an example because IT IS THE RP HUB. The main one. We aren't supposed to ATTRACT the guntoting idiots, we're supposed to repel them, so people who want to get away from them will have a secondary alternative other than, y'know, Liberty. Or Taranis, but nobody goes there either.

Another thing - this city is distinctly more cyberpunk than Liberty or Taranis, the other two main RP hubs. It's also a refreshing change of theme, because as much as I love Liberty's steampunk style, i'mprettysurewe'realltiredoflookingatbrowninasci-figame.

3. Sen

Sen Guest

Well, this idea went far. Almost half a page.

4. Unix

Unix Guest

I cannot tell the meaning of this.

5. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

Earlier bit was not a suggestion. This forum, and thread, are for planning. At least try to frame your flamewarring in the scope of this idea, people.

I am prepared to start deleting posts and or locking threads if this continues.

6. Mr Spacelemon

Mr Spacelemon New Member

You never see the Fleet on patrol because asshole tryhards like the Armoured Wolves and other vigilantes are more trouble than they're worth, and never take a hit, all the while begging people to kill their characters.

7. Unix

Unix Guest

okay seriously stop

I BELIEVE IT'S TIME FOR SOME REPHRASING OF THE CENTRAL QUESTION -

A new cyberpunk-based RP hub we're planning is going to open later in the month and we'd like to decide what people think about a city based around the principles of established law and order and finally, FINALLY, a faction with a large amount of Apex.

THERE.

Now, please continue.

8. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Well, Ollanius Verok has been working on a large RP hub space station that has a large amount of cyberpunk elements to it. Feels a lot like a space station version of the streets in Blade Runner. It's not complete yet, but it has been worked on for quite some time now. Trying to make sure it has a great deal of stuff to it, as well. Multi-cultured districts, heavy RP locations, etc.

9. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

... we haven't had a space station hub yet, have we? That actually sounds pretty awesome. How complete is it at this point, roughly?

10. Unix

Unix Guest

Yes, that.

That's fucking awesome.

It should totally be a thing.

...just wanted to say that, because i saw it in the TS and damn.

The style of this city is more Deus Ex and that space station is more Star Warsy, though.

11. Animator

Animator New Member

As long as it's not the default, I'm down. This sounds awesome.

12. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

It still needs more work, overall, but it's definitely well on its way. If people want to take a look at the progress, try to hit me up when I'm online. It's in the same system as the Phoenix Research Company station, as well. Not a coincidence, mind you. Did that intentionally. Haha. His plan is to actually try to settle with all of the planets in that system, overall. But yeah. His station is meant as the primary RP hub. Will have apartments and everything. My own station is meant as a job area linked to the station. Affiliated with it.

13. FireDrinker

FireDrinker Beware, I live!

I'd like an Apex faction/city. I might even bring back out Myth Render and play him as a retired naval officer, if that's cool.

14. Unix

Unix Guest

I've added a poll with the general description of the idea and an easier way to gauge public opinion.

15. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

You guys forget about Stark ;-;

16. Animator

Animator New Member

I don't see how Iron Man is relevant in this.

17. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

The colony, sillies!

18. Animator

Animator New Member

Ssshhhhhhhhhh.

19. Destroyer713

Destroyer713 New Member

I'm curious. If this will be mainly an Apex colony, will there be a presence of the Miniknog at all?

20. Unix

Unix Guest

Er, not known presence. I know my character is super-anti-miniknog, for the others, that might cause some intrigue later down the line.