1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Concerns with the RA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skipi, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

The thing is, I atleast could see that New Chicago no longer had a place on the server. It was the first faction that I had ever run and it was a bumpy road in learning what people liked and what people didn't like. Frankly, I learned from it and have no real plans to revive it. I tried to keep a good RP ethic and do what made sense IC and I would often try to listen to criticism. Hence why the Ehlers Cigs company went down as fast as it did.

2. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

Keycross, no one could have put it into words any better.

3. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

I'll definitely give Julius that. It's unfair to give him shit for his "asspulling" after New Chicago VIOLENTLY and hopelessly fell the way that it did.

Taking HUGE hits like that? Good for RP. That rarely happens to the RA. They're impenetrable.

4. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I agree, it is one thing to say you're going to improve your RP, an entirely different one to not do it.

It's like, when I was younger, I'd tell me parents I'd stop doing [XYZ] just to have them stop bitching at me. If I didn't stop doing [XYZ] then they'd get angrier. Do you see why this doesn't work out?

5. skipi

skipi New Member

can you please stop posting stupid shit

6. Pie4Pigs

Mute, the hell. Please. Keep your posts substantial (and stop insulting people if you can). You're derailing the hell out of this.

7. King Tickle

That literally makes no sense.

8. Optimism

Optimism Guest

When you can, please revisit this. It seemed to me the concern wasn't whether it was working, but how it was acquired in the first place.

9. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Essentially, I will say this much in regards to the RA. You basically told everyone you were going to change and they believed you. Now that you have blatantly shown us that you haven't changed you are fighting tooth and nail to defend it. Yes, you "admit" to bad RP on occasion. However, this does not mean you do not RP badly whether or not you have "admitted" to it. To simply put it, you promised changed and it never happened and now all you're doing is showing us that we shouldn't have trusted you in the first place.

10. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

At first you were being serious, then you just went bat-shit when you saw that your argument was getting tredded apon.
    This gif explains your actions.
    [​IMG]

11. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

(I honestly have no idea. I'm assuming we bought it from someone.)

12. Atom

Atom New Member

Exactly and about. Which is it? You should probably get your story straight.

13. Cassidy

Cassidy The Strudel

can't we all just stop fighting, it scares me.

14. Pie4Pigs

Sorry, but no. Avoiding a problem doesn't solve it.

15. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Well, a piece of machinery that big needs a concrete source. I'm not going to attack you for not knowing, but it certainly doesn't help. Phantom source mechs should not exist.

16. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

Uh. I got one, yo.
    Joshua and Matt saw one of my new characters beam down with a gas mask and some brown armor, assumed I was an outcast, carried him away to a jail cell, tortured the character, upon finding out that the character was not an outcast, decided 'well shit we cant let this leak' and then killed him. Without asking for consent.

Now, because I follow the Law Of Jim*, I don't bitch about consent, and just went with it - but come on.
    The only reason that I was killed, was because they knew that the character was played by me. Their IC reasoning was 'well he was wearing some colors that the outcasts are associated with!', and yet - what the hell? I can walk down the street wearing a red shirt and I'm not arrested for being a Blood gang member? Or wearing a turban and being executed for being Taliban?

Shit's whack.

law of Jim* - You don't need somebody's permission to hurt/kill somebody in real life, it shouldn't be necessary in game. Jim sees it only as a courtesy.

17. King Tickle

It isn't fighting so much as discussion, something I believe the community can do to help each other learn from criticism and offer advice. Discussions/debates/arguments are in a sense a place of learning, something can always be taken away from the experience if you go in with an open mind.

18. Optimism

Optimism Guest

This is a polite debate among civil people.

19. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Now, I could be wrong, but the latest post in our acquisition thread accounts for where the mech originates from. I can assure you, we did not just RP having a mech suddenly, there is a source. We may have a bad reputation but believe it or not, we have a little more dignity than that.

20. Sen

Sen Guest

To me, their IC reasoning seems perfectly fine in this particular instance. There are other problems, though, such as that of consent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.