1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Community stance on Novakids.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Awe, Mar 3, 2014.

1. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

So why worry?

2. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

^^ This. Personally, I won't even bother to make a novakid alt. Maybe make one in singleplayer to see the ship and then delete it right away. And a question: How would plasma weapons affect novakids?

3. Sen

Sen Guest

hypehypehypehype novakid apocalypse doomsday hype

4. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Implying Novakids will ever be added to the game, even at the stage they announced it to be released at.

5. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

6. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

The thread wasn't meant for bitching about how everyone was going to be OP as novakids, it was supposed to be about how we're treating their existence while they're not playable.

7. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

We have characters who clone on demand, have enough cybernetics to make Dues Ex Machina look like Mount and Blade, apparently a mr. freeze, glitch super ai's with self detruct sequences, and more.

And people worry about some plasma people who get unstable arms when shot and go boom when they die, scattering the plasma everywhere.

And as Awe said, this is about how to treat their existence.
    In lore, they exist, several lore entries and "Word of God" references to support it, they simply aren't playable in game yet.

Much the same way the Leviathan Tentacle is still chilling on earth sending out it's spawn even though we can't see it, and the tentacle boss isn't implemented yet.

8. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

u got it

9. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

We really don't actually need to reference Novakids IC at all unless it pertains to someones story. Once they make their appearance then we can worry about trying to explain why there are so few.

It got off topic, but the potential for Novakids to be OP is still high.

10. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Okay so you're saying when they're released we have a big event that there's suddenly a new species in the galaxy? Because without any sign or hint of them existing before hand, this is what we'll end up needing to do.

11. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Or they just trickle in and people are like, wtf? And start asking them their stories?

12. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

how are novakids made
    [​IMG]

13. SirFruitcakes

SirFruitcakes New Member

Animals kill Novakids same as Humans, guns kill Novakids same as Humans, they are made out of gas, but this gas is harmed by material means, they are effectively no different than humans/apex/avians/florans/hylotl, you shoot them in the leg? they can't move, you shoot them in the arm? they drop their weapon, you don't see their cowboy pistols and clothes disintegrating on their bodies, do you? this isn't a problem, they for all intents and purposes are the same... even if you'd think not, i'd say stick to the lore and use their vanilla gameplay as a reference, they die same as anyone else, they have no super-powers, they are just made of a different sort of free-flowing material ...

This doesn't have to be a problem unless the lore says it does.

You could very well just end this entire conversation with exactly what was stated before: They are no more powerful than a human.

I think it would burn them :p

#53 SirFruitcakes, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
  14. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Life Stages
    A new Novakid is born when its parents mix their plasma together in a high temperature, high pressure condition and enough elements fuse into denser materials that form a new brand. The new brand then claims the plasma mixture as its own and a protokid (which hardly resembles a mature Novakid) is born.
    [​IMG]
    Towards the end of its life, the Novakid’s brand loses potency and the magnetic membrane grows weaker. The plasma is more loosely contained, and the elderly Novakid takes on a larger, duller appearance and a reddish hue (derogatory term: "red giants").
    [​IMG]
    Novakid tend to explode violently when they die, so deathbeds are typically outdoors and at high elevations (with friends and family below). All that remains after a Novakid explosion is an inert chunk of smoldering metal that was once its brand.

15. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

I wanna be a fatass old novakid

16. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Whelpuh, I'm totes making a morbidly obese Novakid who gets dragged along on a wacky adventure to reclaim his home, chased a evil florans all the while, and imprisoned by uptight hylotl until he makes his escape in a wine barrel, where he become the barrel tank and take out florans during his hilarious hijinks

oh fuck that was the hobbit.

17. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

I just want to answer this because the mental imagery amused me.

Novakid are made of plasma. Your question asks what happens if they get hit by plasma. To illustrate what my thought on the matter are, I would like to bring forward the following premise:

Humans are made of flesh and bone.
    Imagine a high velocity mass of flesh and bone fired at a human.

For the visual learners out there, I've prepared a video.

18. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

No, I suggested that we just refer to Novakids as "where did they go", and when they come back we use what the lore says about them forgetting technology. They forgot they had space travel, and Novakids that show up are Novakids that either remembered or just plain figured out how to travel space. Nothing crazy. No big event.

19. Kazi

Kazi New Member

Why can't we just say that novakid are lurking about. I mean the galaxy isn't made up of just the PCs, there are a ton of people out there, flying around, living their lives on unexplored planets. I really don't see why this is an issue. If people are playing Marysue characters (regardless the race) don't RP with them if you don't want to. No one can force you to RP with someone.

20. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

This is pretty much what I was getting at but I wanted to see if people had other ideas or whatever.