1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Community Opinion: Conflict, Villains and Consent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Felonious, Sep 2, 2014.

?

Is conflict too restricted by the community at large?

1. I think there is too much conflict.

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. I think the conflict is at a perfect place

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. I think it's alright, but i wouldn't mind something happening once in a while.

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. I think people are too afraid of conflict, and should let it happen more.

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  5. I think people are trying to "win" and are thus refusing to allow conflict.

24 vote(s)
    68.6%
  1. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

I honestly can't say I wholly approve of the move of joining the ICIA. But as for Felith hiding on Eden, I know for sure one BH has it's location. Its not impossible to get the cords, it just takes effort.

2. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

This thread is devolving into arguing about what has happened on NC, especially in regards to the "fake" USCM ops.

I'd ask people to possibly go back to the actual beginning discussion and make a thread dedicated to the aforementioned topic if they wish to discuss it.

3. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Alright, let's get this back on topic then! I feel like the issue with conflict is that, to some people, it just seems like too much work. Either they don't want to spare the time to organize anything, or they don't want to even attempt to get involved. Not everyone is like this, of course, but a large enough group is, that the amount of conflict has gone down substantially when compared to around five months ago (Or some time in the past, whatever). Something needs to be done to get people interested in actual events, and I have a feeling just making the events themselves more interesting won't cut it. There've been plenty of interesting events that people ignored.

To be honest, I have no solution for what can be done. I'm just stating my observations and beliefs here. All I can really say is, I think it's up to the community to decide if they really want to continue on with the bar RP, or if they want to start seeing more events that could possibly unify the server once again, too many small groups means the community ends up divided, IC and OOC, something people have stated often in the past, and which, admittedly, has improved a bit lately.

4. MedMalpractice

MedMalpractice New Member

Hey guys! I'm back! (Not really.) I feel like I should clear up whole ex-USCM+ICIA thing really quickly from a firsthand perspective. So, here's a brief history of the events leading up to the now-voided invasion.

Okay, so if you don't know me, I play a character named Marlowe, who some would call a joke character. He's a shitty detective who joined the USCM. Anyway, one of Marlowe's percieved allies was Julius, head of New Chicago. When shit hit the fan, I figured telling Julius what was going on made the most sense. We met with him, we asked for help, and we were given jobs with the idea that we would be under their protection, and that Bounty Hunters wouldn't be a problem.

IC, that makes sense, and OOC, I thought it would be fun enough for the Bounty Hunters on NC. Then for some reason there was an Operator there, and a few days later I went away, so I don't know what's gone down since.

Just making sure everyone's on the same page.

5. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

Sorry if this falls under "Off topic," but here:
    Julius, I'm going to say that this is not how you make friends here. When you use examples, it's best to leave out names of players, groups, or characters, unless it is something truly outrageous, or it's in a report, especially since, to be blunt, you were rather uninformed about the entire situation. The "USCM" Members there were solely members of the lore-based faction, not the faction that existed on the server, as well as instances such as not being sure who Tein is. Everyone might know who you're talking about, but it least it shows some bit of respect or courtesy to those you are describing.

Also, people showing up and doing stupid stuff that you weren't prepared for is part of what you sign up for when you make a public colony. If you want to limit who comes in and when they do, form an application process for citizenship.

6. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

If there is an intention to attack a colony, yes, ooc contact is a must. Especially if an attck could/should cause lasting effects or involve the bulk of the colony. If there is an intention to attack a faction where there is no preexisting acknowledgement something like this will happen, ooc contact is a must.

For everything else...

Roleplay happens.

If you don't want to deal with things you aren't expecting, you can always make a glass bubble on a remote colony, and watch galaxy chat.