1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Believing Ancient beings existed before Starbound's Timeline?

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Grifter, May 5, 2014.

?

Ancient Beings Lore good?

1. Sure!

78.8%
  2. Nope.

21.2%
  1. CrackShotCleric

CrackShotCleric New Member

This does lead to interesting possibilities with the lore though, because the Nova Kids are NOTHING like the Sunborn from Avian Religion. How is the Cult of Kluex going to respond when they meet their gods once more, and see the extent to which their gods have changed.

#41 CrackShotCleric, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
  2. CrackShotCleric

the nova kid were conceptualized well before last August... (I think they were actually announced June or July 2013) the official lore is still being written out, but those documents weren't released until about December that year.

3. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

The "Cult of Kluex" is actually a legitimate religion. When a few trillion people follow a faith, it goes from being a cult to being a religion.

As for 'meeting their gods' that all depends on what the Devs decide to do.

Er, what? The PDF was published in one of the first released newsletters, long before December. And the 'Meet the Avians' blog post was posted before even that I think... Let me go dig up the links, I'll edit them in.

Note the Timestamp: May 26, 2012
    This one's from March 2013

4. CrackShotCleric

I was going to say something, then I just decided it didn't really matter. Either way the Avians always had a benefactor race raise them to ascendancy, and the novakid are now the supposed race aforementioned. I concede to your points, however I would like the time stamp on TheNextGuy's quote...

5. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

It's never been stated that the Novakid are the 'Precursor' race. Even more, the Novakid's are said to have been 'forged in the heart of a star'. So it's entirely possible they too were manufactured or cultivated by another ancient race.

6. CrackShotCleric

Felonious, chill. That's why I said "supposed aforementioned" and perhaps they were indeed manufactured or cultivated by another ancient race. however the term "forged" can just mean created. Heavy metals are forged in supernovas naturally. I believe it was Clark that wrote a short story early in his career that centered on a character made from the sun that lived on it's solar radiation and "surfed the solar flairs for fun." Though they were very different in appearance, they formed naturally. Thus, it can be assumed with certainty that there is a possibility that the nova-kid formed naturally.