1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Avalon is gone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Biscuit, Feb 18, 2014.

1. White

White The Guy who is always working.

4 days of digging and 3-4 days of constant building more or less from i got up to i went to bed :p

2. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

I told Kaz to rollback to before the modpack, then send me a recent backup so I can fix it myself. It'll be fine, don't wooorrrry <3

3. White

i recall there being a flying spaceship above avalon and someone even tried to build stuff even higher up, not sure how they survived the cold thou.

also spots to check.

4. Cynthio

Cynthio New Member

The thing is that we need to devise a system for future updates/wipes. We can't run around like headless chickens deciding on what to do for the server every time we have an update/wipe.

5. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

We do have a system.

It's called "listen to the damn staff and don't use non-vanilla assets in your settlement."

6. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

Somebody better call a tow truck, because the mod just #rekt you guys. BOOSH.

7. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

Whoa :s I'm just making light on the situation. I didn't mean anything of it. :(

8. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

To be fair, the non-vanilla assets were a part of a community mod pack dropped 2 days ago. It is possible someone plopped it down, didn't come back to the forums or in game within those 2 days, and thus destroyed the community. Irresponsible? Yeah, but it was a mistake if that's the case.

9. White

Cynthio, this is out of the staff's hand, a system only works if people follow the staff's instructions, this is why we removed all the standing dispensers from CC when such was asked for. and atm, due to the lack of admin tools, its hard for them to administer the rules. honestly all we can do is try to be as co-operative as possible, if CC is lost, yeah. its a big shame, and i ain't sure I'd rebuild it anytime soon on my own. but such is life eh. and it aint anyone fault ya? and pointing fingers at the staff is certainly not the right thing, they got a system, and we just gotta follow it.

10. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Custom assets can only exist when the server knows what they are. If you place an object on a world on a server, then remove the mod from the server and try to go back, the object will simply disappear.

11. Cynthio

Cynthio New Member

I didn't point fingers, I'm talking about the community as a whole not just the staff jeez louise.

12. White

Hm, then what could it be? the dispenser mod was removed a few days earlier.

13. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

Ya'll kids need to calm down, yo'.

But yes. Regardless of who did what, or if it was intentional or accidental, or whatever. It's just a lesson for the future. "Avoid modded blocks, they might be corrupting planets." If we're getting really frequent updates like Chucklefish is planning, this is kind of essential. Otherwise we end up with situations like this. ._.

Who exactly was responsible for this particular incident, if anyone, is irrelevant. Just don't do it again. Lesson learned. (I hope.)

14. White

My apology then, it appeared otherwise to me, but its midnight and I'm getting tired :)

15. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Wasn't there a rollback within that time frame? It could have been brought back.

16. White

hm there was one, the massive griefing that occurred in avalon (and mattis alike) a couple of days ago. but the server removed the dispenser mod from its mod files, so all dispensers by aiko's explanation should've gone poof, the only custom asset till about would be the ultimate box thingy ( that i know of).

17. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Avalon has been restored. Locking this thread.

18. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Unless the backup system works in a way that it has to be precise or something. Backup corruption has occurred in the past