1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Aruana's Diary

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by Toadkid1234, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Day Seventy-Nine

I've moved into the Beluga Estate! I suppose that's what father's calling it now. Father even designed me a room in which I would be able to take off my suit! It's wonderful! The architecture is pristine, divine, better than any I've seen. Hylotl architecture has such a charm to it, it's so gorgeous. I mean, sure, the architecture of other races is fascinating, but nothing equates to hylotl architecture.

Just yesterday, I met with Kryssa for the first time in weeks, maybe months even. Everything is so wonderful with her, she's getting married, she's been clean for a few weeks now, and we're thinking of holding the wedding at my fathers - well, the Beluga Estate! It's so exciting, and I'm so happy for her!

My father is having a tailor make me something. A 3-D model was made of my profile for a perfect fit, and sent out of sector. I'm finally going to have something nice to wear! I wonder what it'll be?

Everything is going wonderfully, even though we've made negligible progress with our research. Hopefully with my father's guidance, we can make some more progress, and maybe even finally jumpstart my immune system! It's gotta happen sometime soon. I can feel it.

2. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Day One Hundred Twenty Seven

Well, so much for keeping this thing up to date.

I'm going to try to update this more regularly now, but considering my infidelity with doing that earlier this year, that might not happen. Anyway, mother and father are leaving Antares. They wouldn't tell me why, but they told me they thought it best that I stay, for some reason. I have to admit, I'm a little anxious with having an entire house to myself, even if it's this little cottage that they paid for for me.

Research, has... kind of come to a plateau. We're stuck on one thing, and we aren't even sure if this solution would benefit the galaxy as a whole. I mean, study into genetics has always been controversial. Being able to modify genetic code after birth, and as an adult? That's revolutionary. Perhaps, however, there have been enough revolutions in recent years. Let alone the possible ways our solution could fail and cause grief and pain, but to think that someone could use something I helped create for evil or malicious intent makes me sick to my stomach.

So, I've decided to embrace my condition. I mean, it makes me who I am, right? Father has ordered two suits for me that I'm going to tweak a bit. One is a hylotl military EVA scouting suit, another is something I'm planning on turning into a labcoat for me. Hopefully I can get it to work! Might need some help, but people in Antares have always been helpful.

Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned that Solour and I are dating now? I never thought I would ever date an alien, let alone a HUMAN, for that matter! They're so exotic! That silly patch of hair on the top of their heads, their strange culture, and he's a marine! Or, was. The point is, he's really in-shape, and he's so caring and strong. And his accent is so exotic! It might take a bit of getting used to, and his taste in architecture is, er, interesting! Still, I think he's a great guy, and I look forward to learning more about him. I still don't get what appeal he saw in that rusty, run-down 'colony'.

I hope Antares hasn't changed too much in the past few months.

3. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Day One Hundred Seventy Six

It's been a while again, hasn't it? Sorry, things have been busy. As usual.

Some bad news, or, good news, depending on how you see it. Solour and I just... didn't really work out. He's a great guy, and all, but he's too... his tastes are a little strange. He enjoyed run-down, "rustic" places, like that god-forsaken colony that he described as "homey". Plus, he wasn't exactly the brightest bulb, and... there just wasn't any chemistry between us. Or biology, for that matter. One thing that I appreciate, though, is he helped me realize how great Starton was. He's intelligent, he has good taste, and... well, we'll see how things go in that department!

Some bad news that probably couldn't be classified as otherwise. During our move, Starton was intercepted by pirates, and we lost nearly all our data and machinery. Those were... those were some rough times. Good news, though, after a few months, we fixed some equipment, bought some more we got back to where we left off, and we've made some decent progress since! We've been in a bit of a lull for a little while, but I feel like we'll make a breakthrough any day now!

I feel it. We're almost there, we're so close to a solution. Just need to power through, maybe a few more weeks...

4. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Day One Hundred Seventy Nine

The other day, there was a sectorwide emergency. Apparently, the tentacle beast which overtook the Human Homeworld is a sort of hostile biological Von Neumann probe. A pathogen for planets. A planetathogen. Planethogen. Plathogen. Anyway, the incident on the Human Homeworld was not one of a kind. Apparently, it has happened elsewhere, and elsewhere happened to include Antares. Due to the emergency situation, we had to evacuate the day we heard of the threat. Already, a few worlds had been claimed. We only had time to pack our necessities and some lab equipment into our ship. Unfortunately, we had to leave much of the facility behind. We have our specimens, though, and all our data, so the good news is all we need to do is find a suitable facility.

The bad news, however, is we need to find a suitable facility.

There was an opening at a new colony, called Anchorhead. It's run by a familiar-looking hylotl, I forget where I had seen her before, but she was looking for two "scientists". To be honest, it didn't seem like she knew exactly what she was talking about. The closest position they had to my field was some sort of field botanist, and I'm not entirely sure I want to risk my life more than necessary.

There is another colony option, however, which Starton and I are likely going to stick to. We met a hylotl named Tsuyoshi (who apparently remembers me from somewhere) who said he was planning on making a new, hylotl-founded colony. It sounds great to me! The problem is, none of us is particularly wealthy, nor do we have the means to build a laboratory, let alone a fully functional colony. Besides, three people is rather few as far as colonies go. Hopefully we expand a bit!

Besides, the planet they chose is gorgeous. Living in a cave isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be!
    [​IMG]

5. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Day Two Hundred Seven
    [​IMG]
    I've gotten through 200 days on the frontier without dying. Woohoo, I suppose.

Well, things have improved since last time! My new neighbors helped me build a little place for Starton and I to stay. It's pretty amazing they crammed all the necessities (and more!) into one little room. The wonders of hylotl architecture! I helped too, of course. We set up a lot more farmland, above and below the surface. We've built so much in what seems like so little time. Already, we have housing and a network of bridges! Right now, I'm mostly learning how to farm from Starton, who grew up as a farmer so he's been really helpful here. Tsu and the team are working on building a terrace on the hill near our cabin. Not sure what else they're doing though. They're always so busy, working tirelessly, day after day. I certainly cant work in the fields that long. It's backbreaking work!

Though, Tsuyoshi has mentioned something I may be able to help with. I'm no diplomat, but we need someone to go out and find business contracts and the like. I'm underqualified, sure, but really, I'm definitely the least helpful in terms of physical strength. May as well make better use of myself in my down-time, I suppose. I think I'll start looking for clients later this week.

Thats it for now, Starton and I are about to go on a little trip to the core worlds! A little date, we definitely need one after all the work we've been doing.