1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Anti-Kluex / Holy Fleet faction

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Mystyice, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

That was exactly what I said.

2. ....and I asked, rhetorically, if Kluex would approve. From what I've seen, he would not enjoy the deaths of hundreds of his followers. My point is: two factions fighting like that makes no sense.

3. Finestein Goodlad

I was being sarcastic there. And there can be a religion that either branches off the main one or completely own one, yet follows the same deity.

4. [​IMG]
    I have decisive evidence that the religion in question is, and has been throughout this entire trial, irrelevant. No matter what the religion's ideals are, they are all following the same religious figure -- Kluex. In most observed cases, the most bloodshed that Kluex has committed are sacrifices by his followers of 'grounded' ones. Thus, if both religions are worshiping Kluex, bloodshed would not be something that either party would find ideal.
    not even sorry for that

5. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Not quite. Ascendant are not Grounded, and they are the most common sacrifices. The Grounded are, according to the codexes, most often ostracized from society and outcast. The Priesthood only acts against them if they aggressively attempt to spread their ideology. Or so it seems. Its contradicted as often as its supported. Even the famous dissenter Rochard Hawkwings was converted, rather than killed.

That said, technically speaking, in modern times the three Abrahamic religions (Christianity, Islam and Judaism) are in a constant state of tension and turmoil between one another, and have been for centuries. Their god is technically the same one, but they follow different ideologies and prophets. There is even conflict between different sects of the churches, Islam notably. Conflict can happen between followers of the same god...

6. Finestein Goodlad

You seem to forget that Kluex is no longer among avians and his words can be twisted however a preacher/priest with a position wants. Basically what Felobelo said.

7. If two parties belonging to the same religion fight, I would say that's ironic.
    this argument is really dumb

8. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Ironic or not, it does happen. My previous example included Islam, which is split into many different sects, including the major sects of Shia and Sunni. They fight. A lot.

9. ...The entire point of this argument is whether or not what I said was ironic or not. If it happens, that makes it ironic, no?

10. Finestein Goodlad

I don't think you're using word ironic correct here.

11. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Getting back into thread.

As said, the best will probably be joining some other faction, but if you really want to continue with the cult, there's still work to be done. I don't see "He's got all the weaponry and the base and all left behind by Xewyck" good enough as a starting point (I believe original idea already had some strange parts on this). So, how did he build the base and get their wealth is basic. If I remember correctly, their business dealt mostly in weapons, (not just the ones for them), not exactly the most subtle for an undercover.

Abouot brainwashing, I believe the cult would be more in the line of misinformating people, lies, deceptions, etc. to fulfill their own agenda instead of actual brainwashing, which requires a lot of work and cult seems simply interested on getting people against Fleet (which is kind of pointless, since mostly are against as standard, meh).

If you want to go ahead with the idea, good, but flesh out their course of action and motivations. (i.e.: How does the brother get hold of everything if it was an organization, if there are more people in it and probably with more rights to be 'the boss' rather than him?).

12. Finestein Goodlad

There are already cultist NPCs, too. You could basically branch off them and do something neat with those fellows.