1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Alright, we're in the future, let's create a futuristic faction.

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Wombat, Mar 6, 2015.

?

What Faction Premise Do You Like?

1. People Banding Together for Survival

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Miniknog Escapees

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Scientists and Researchers

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Honestly, some sort of attached bunker systems on a world that world normally be inhospitable seems like a good idea. It would keep them hidden from surface scans, and keep people normally from exploring their planet if the topside isn't safe. Could potentially have the more risk taking ones interact with the outside world for trade and possibly trash removal. They can reporpose scrapped items they haul for tech back on their home base. Crude effective tech, maybe to mask themselves further or create broadcasting gear to put out anti-miniknog signals decretely.

Just something off the top of my head.

2. Raideck

Raideck Member

Don't forget money.

3. Aegis Ebonwing

Aegis Ebonwing New Member

*Quickly throws snow over the entrance to his home inside a mountain cavern*

That's just nonsense! No one would be silly enough to do that! Ever!

Jokes aside, if done appropriately conflict Roleplay is a wonderful character developer. Take Aegis for example; he has been odds with Glauen for the past couple weeks, and while he still cares for the guy he also feels spurned.. and after recent developments now more than ever.. but when a friend fed him incomplete information it caused an argument between Glauen and Aegis that left Aegis feeling confused and uncertain.

Unfortunately what I think most people want from a conflict is the 'shock and awe' value, they don't realize that even the subtle relations that people have can lead to development of ones character.. and it gets old after awhile when people constantly spout 'super supreme planet kill v9000.1' or 'insta-cure for woopsies' every time.

I think I got a fun idea now though, just browsing through the thread.. if you need a helping hand Virgil lemme know!

4. InvaderCristi

InvaderCristi New Member

Since I am relatively new to the server a great deal of you haven't witnessed my roleplay ability(particularly of the antagonist sort). In several instances in several different servers I have often been given the task to play both short term, and long term antagonists reaching every area of the spectrum in the regard of subtle or painfully obvious. So generally-speaking I am fine when meeting character death, combat, or whatever means necessary(I go by a firm rule that 'whatever happens happens' and whenever someone asks for permission for doing something to my character I'd let them do it).

I have been thinking of making an Apex character for a while now(especially since I'm on break, and my schedule will be only be getting easier from now on). If you are in need of an Apex geneticist then send me a PM and we can talk over the details.

5. Raideck

Raideck Member

What happened to Overwatch?

6. Wombat

Wombat Guest

Kind of an odd place to bring it up but it never really took off and I was going through a rough time in life where I couldn't be as active as I wanted to be.

7. Raideck

Raideck Member

So delete it?

8. Solour

Solour a dad

The Federation.
    Future as fuck.
    I'd expand on it, but the server crashes more than the malaysian airlines.
    oh well thats the way the cookie swags.

9. InvaderCristi

InvaderCristi New Member

*Bump* In-case it wasn't clear before, this group is looking for members in order to kick itself off. If you have interest I would suggest commenting so, or sending a message Virgil's way.

10. Chimpowitz

Chimpowitz New Member

What if this was like said before, a vault type bunker set inside an in hospitibal planet? Or maybe an abandoned prison colony, stuck on an forgotten world. Were the characters go through these hardships, and loss till maybe a week in RL they finally find a means of escape. Then from this they stick together, and depending on how or were they come from is the actions and influence they bring opon the system.

11. Raideck

Raideck Member

So fallout?

12. Chimpowitz

Chimpowitz New Member

In some sence, or prison (don't drop the soap ^w^)