1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Abbey's Red Binder

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by Aiko Ikari, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

May 5

What do people have against hoodys? I don't get it. I mean... sure.. I guess SOME people wearing hoods around come off as suspicious or dangerous but... me? Seriously?

I just want to stop hearing "Take your hood off" all the time
    I guess it just makes me feel.. comfortable, yeah.
    Do I REALLY look that threatening with just a hood up? Yeah right.

[​IMG]

2. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

May 6

I wish he didn't spend so much time away
    I miss him, he's what makes living in this dusty, blistering hot hell-hole worth it...
    I guess I knew he had important stuff to do
    I'll just keep waiting... I haven't done much work lately anyway.
    Right. I should head to the shop and try to do something productive to pass the time

[​IMG]

3. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

((

Also this happened today!
    Woo hoo! ... Yeah!

[​IMG]

^ other bitties be happy when they hit 1000, so I'm gonna jump on that wagon like a cool kid

))

#44 Aiko Ikari, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  4. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

May 9

Feels like I haven't written in awhile... Well, here I am Mr Binder. Don't worry, I'm alive.

Barely

I was really stupid earlier today, and it almost got me killed...
    I don't know what I was doing, I just.. felt like that was the right thing to say. I'm an idiot, really

[​IMG]

I want to keep trying though. I wanna make everything better, I want my friend back. So ... I'll visit more often, and try to talk, too

Maybe he'll forgive me for being stupid

Yesterday, we went and recovered some weird... old.. glitch. Sorta guy. Says he hosts all of his now-dead-people within him. Which is why he refers to himself as "We" I guess. I'm going to assume it's a feature in his programming, I can't imagine a single glitch body capable of physically processing an entire village worth of souls.

But

I guess anythings possible really, huh?
    ((

This little section is null cause APPARENTLY YOUR NAME IS DURGE NOW HUH.

[​IMG]

With a quick groogle look up, referring to the book he held close and his "Name"

Well

I'm suspicious. If he thinks of himself as Legion from the "Gospel of Mark" then we'll have to keep an eye on him. Though he claims to be a friend.

Demons aren't real anyway.
    ))

Anyways. I guess that's it for today. I wonder where Quinn ran off to again.. I was happy to see him finally after so long....
    He said he'd be around for atleast a couple days, but he was already gone when I woke up. I hope he's okay.

He... just has things to do, I guess

[​IMG]
    But please hurry home

#45 Aiko Ikari, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
  5. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

May 10

[​IMG]

He's locked up. Jailed. He said he turned himself in, after killing "Remy".
    Why would he do this, why would he abandon us... me..
    I can't let this happen. I can't let him rot away in there, I need him, this isn't fair.

Is this my fault? Is this because I'm weak? Naive? Childish?

I can't protect anyone, I can't keep the people I care about safe.
    If only I was stronger
    I need to be stronger

[​IMG]

but how

#46 Aiko Ikari, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
  6. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

May 11

I didn't know we were taking in giant fucking mean looking florans now

[​IMG]
    Hell this thing looks like some crazy bad monster in a super hero comic.
    I think it could swallow me whole.

The scariest thing is, I think it's trying to be nice to me. I better be nice back, I prefer my skin non-digested.

7. Grifter

Grifter New Member

((YOU CAN ALWAYS JUST CHANGE THAT SECTION REEEEAAAAL QUICK.))

8. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

((Bish maybe))

May 11

He's safe, he's safe! I'm so happy, he's safe!
    I was starting to think we wouldn't make it out. I thought we were all screwed.
    But
    We're home.
    I'm so happy to know he's here, safe. Maybe I can finally get some sleep tonight.

May 12

I can't sleep after all. My eye won't stop hurting, it's hard to move my head. I wonder if I could get better treatment at marathon...
    I still can't believe.. I can't, I'm trying to accept it but I can't. My eye is gone, and now I'm stuck with this ugly patch and scars. I'm not some gruff manly stubbled space pirate.

[​IMG]
    Though I guess it's all I lost. I... I was lucky, I think. I shouldn't complain.
    As long as Quinn is home and safe, I'm happy.

Thank you, Chad. I didn't speak to him much
    Much at all
    But
    He shouldn't have had to do what he did
    Rest in Peace, I'm sorry

9. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

May 12

I couldn't take the pain anymore, I had to go to marathon. I knew there hospital was ... well... Way better than ours.

I'm so relieved. A prescription of painkillers, and I'm all cleaned up!
    ... though I'm down 1000 bucks. Ugh. I feel selfish wasting my money on myself like that when we could use it for more important stuff.

... I wish I could afford cloning, or even cybernetics...

I feel so gross.

[​IMG]

10. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

May 14

[​IMG]

The badlands are dry, hot and dusty all day.

But

It gets really pretty at night.

I hope I'm making the right choices.
    I hope I'm making them proud, wherever they are

11. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

May 20

I haven't written in awhile... I guess I've been busy.
    Quinn's asleep, but I can't seem to doze off. I guess I'll pay you a visit while I wait for those pills to kick in, Mr.Binder.

The camp has been growing. Refugees are lining up, asking to be taught how to shoot, how to fight, how to keep their home safe. It's admirable really ...

Our combat-ready numbers have grown greatly, lot's of "Outriders" ready to beat up the big bad oppressive dictatorships ... I guess.

I also ended up bringing in two doctors some how...

It should be helpful having actual trained professionals around to treat our wounded. If only I had brought them here sooner...

[​IMG]

Octavius is one of us for sure. He makes me feel safe, though he's a little frustrating at times.

Hael though... or so he says... I'm just suspicious. A cloaked stranger that just decides to be all kind and curious. He speaks funny, he acts funny, but seems... genuine. I don't know about him. I'll just be careful around him. But... I have a feeling he'll turn out to be trustworthy too.

He offered to treat and replace my eye... for free?
    That's what worries me the most. I can't say I wasn't tempted... but I won't let that cloud my judgement. Something like that doesn't come free.

Though

I really wish I could trust it. I wish getting my eye back was that easy.

#53 Aiko Ikari, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
  12. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

May 22

[​IMG]

Gee Mr Binder. Working inside a boiling hot mecha, deep in a dusty dirty damp iron mine all day sure is fun huh.

I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed this. It's rough, and it's exhausting. But I gotta keep working, we really need to push through this. Once we have enough money and equipment, we can mechanize most of the process. Until then, we have to get down and dirty.
    Maybe I should look into installing some sorta AC unit in MUR's cockpit. In hindsight it was a mistake not installing one to begin with.
    But whatever... everythings coming along well... everyone seems willing to work and lend a hand. We've already made a bit of profit.
    We just gotta keep it up I guess.

In other news

I haven't seen Quinn in awhile... hell I haven't been to Hades in a few days either...
    Miss you, See you soon. I hope.

13. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

May 26

I did it, I finally

finally

finally

I can see through both eyes again. Sorta.
    I'm so happy. I'm ... this is amazing. I'm like some sorta cool cyborg-android now.
    It sorta hurts, the area is a little tender but
    I'm so happy, to be looking out of both eyes again.

[​IMG]

((hnnn I've found myself pretty incapable of drawing recently))

#55 Aiko Ikari, May 26, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2014