1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

A strange application [GIF HEAVY]

Discussion in 'Archives' started by meanwhile, May 2, 2015.

1. Narfball

Narfball narfball

C R Y B A B Y B O Y Z

-YABoYTeEJaY

2. dukeminiman

dukeminiman New Member

I may not be the best at technology, but I'd like to point out that some kind of weird image popped up after the reboot if you waited long enough. It read "OW kAN TEaRS of tHE FALLEN MAKE u nEED MORe" also I think I saw a QR code pop up in there somewhere. Hope this helped.
    -Reed

3. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

There was no reboot. The thing accepts the first command that is entered since the previous response. Thankfully, it was me entering the correct password. Also, that image has been the topic of the previous few posts, and the QR codes have been mentioned by me frequently.

Miiiight want to pay a little more attention to the other posts, buddy.

4. dukeminiman

dukeminiman New Member

Yeah....I'm bad at all things tech.
    -Reed

5. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

[​IMG]

6. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

Wait a second...what is THAT thing in the middle sitting on the bar?

7. dukeminiman

dukeminiman New Member

That uh, that's a coffee machine
    -Reed

8. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

Well if that's all it is props to the program for making it look like a frickin' neon grimlin. Does no one else think the top part of that looks like a rectangular cartoon head or something?

9. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[MazAEkial]

Ok, found something else interesting when looking at pictures I took of the previous displays...what? It was a failsafe in case some idiot typed "reboot" or the program deleted itself after use.

Look at those numbers. To me, they look like date stamps. If that's the case, these documents are RIDICULOUSLY spaced out; I mean holy-frickin'-crap, one of them is as early as the dawn of the 21st Century, and another is as late as the year 2770. That's over three hundred years FROM now, for those of you who are bad at math and/or unaware of human year tracking. Unless this isn't a human program...now I'm just confusing myself.

Point is, date stamps. And regardless of if we're talking about distant past or distant future, the stamps are DRASTICALLY spaced out by anywhere from 100 to over 300 years apart. Might be noteworthy, might be meaningless, might just be an amusing find, but I'm keeping track of it anyway.

10. Narfball

Narfball narfball

Maybe it's a list of predictions.

-YABoYTeEJaY

11. dukeminiman

dukeminiman New Member

It's me again. I've got some information on our little mystery friend. I man in a dark robe and a hood just showed up at my clinic with a note. The note read, "AsciqnXvgdfwqFexGvaohkJjonbwhMvgdfPvaohhnd". I didn't really think anything about it until I turned the note over and saw the same eye symbol that I've seen on these messages. I asked the man what it meant but all he said was something like "You'll know soon enough". I don't like the fact that this guy knows where I live. I do not like being given messages that I can't read. If anyone has any suggestions or clues let me know.
    -Reed

12. Narfball

Narfball narfball

M U R D E R E R B O Y Z

-YABoYTeEJaY

13. dukeminiman

dukeminiman New Member

I've begun investigating Katune with some other people after the earlier incident. We got the tv in the Horizon bar to flash the eye symbol for a moment before returning to normal. I opened up the tv to see if it was a hardware issue. From what I can tell the tv looked pretty normal. I'll keep everyone informed if anything else gets turned up.
    -Reed

14. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

While you try and more than likely fail at that (we seem to be dealing with someone who doesn't accept "shortcuts"), I'll keep playing the long game.

AsciqnXvgdfwqFexGvaohkJjonbwhMvgdfPvaohhnd...

Ok, so maybe it's another "special letters" thingie. Going by the lower-case letters is gibberish ("sciqnvgdfwqexvaohkjonbwhvgdfvaohhnd"), and the capital letters give "AXFGJMP" An anagram, maybe? No, Not enough vowels to be coherent.

Perhaps the whole thing is an anagram...well crap. Time to analyze.

15. Narfball

Narfball narfball

I'd try looking at every X amount of letters. X being whatever amount you wanna look between. Or every X amount of letters after every letter. Maybe even the first vowel after a capitalized letter (if there is one) and the next one to two letters after it. Anything is viable.

-YABoYTeEJaY

16. dukeminiman

dukeminiman New Member

"He doesn't accept shortcuts" That's a good one. We managed to capture our mysterious friend on an asteroid. He wears a vocoder under the hood that obscures his face but we know that he's an avian. So much for your tech skills.
    -Reed

17. Narfball

Narfball narfball

D I S G R U N T L E D B O Y Z

-YABoYTeEJaY

18. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

Ok. Cool. You caught one of Antares' many "mystery mask men" who you assume is the mastermind behind all this. Let's just completely forget about any puzzles this program was sending us on and the many, many anomalies that don't add up yet, because clearly this guy you captured will tell us everything without lying or letting himself die with any secrets!

Look at the big picture here. If nothing else play a little game of Devil's Advocate. I just want to see where this rabbit hole goes. It's not like I have anything better to do, anyway.

19. Solour

Solour a dad

For once, I agree.
    Woohoo you caught someone who could've had some fun with this cryptic stuff. Entertainment's over. Thanks shit-face. ;)

-B.B.

20. Solour

Solour a dad

Lmao so.

-B.B.