1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

A question of morality.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by King Tickle, May 7, 2014.

1. Koshi

Koshi New Member

-Jodora-
    We need more threads like this, it teaches me a little.

2. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

. . . Was this supposed to teach me something? Shit, I wasn't paying attention!
    -Sanguine

3. Koshi

Koshi New Member

-Jodora-
    You idiot.

4. Sammy McHammyDoodle

I love you!
    -Sanguine

5. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

-Lyra

It's funny, though. One got plucked out from Opportunity, the other one a bounty on Mills and went back showing himself around.

Left that expression last time for a reason.

6. Koshi

Koshi New Member

-Jodora-
    ..No.

7. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Denying it.. feisty.

Okay just for the record I am going to stalk you if I ever find you, I really love you, bye, until then!
    -Sanguine

#47 Sammy McHammyDoodle, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
  8. Koshi

Koshi New Member

Please don't find me.

9. The Grand Mugwump

((Landpunch))
    Floran let dumb shoot dead. Then smash other while distract. Laugh and eat dumbs.

10. Popcorn247

Popcorn247 New Member

Logical. The gunman is at fault. The gunman is "the bad guy."

Evidence. We have no way of knowing why the man with the knife is attacking the gunman. Perhaps it's a mugging. Perhaps it is to try to rescue a beloved family member. We can't know, and therefore can't assign a moral label to him. However, we do know that it must have been extremely important, because the man with the knife knows he has a 50/50 chance of surviving the attack, and he took the chance. Additionally, because he knows that he would die, with no benefit to himself or anyone else, if the gun is loaded, no matter what the circumstance is, if he then finds out the gun is loaded, he would try to escape the gunman. He wouldn't throw away his life if there would be no benefit. This explains why whtever the scenario might be, it says in the prompt that the man with the knife would walk away if he realized the gun was loaded.

Evidence. We also know that the gunman could have shown the man with the knife that the gun was loaded without any sort of negative repurcussions to himself, and did not. He could have prevented the shooting and did not. He did not take a chance. He knew that the man had a knife, and was contemplating attacking him, but he did not try to prevent the attack. He then shot the man with the knife in cold blood. He had to have intended to shoot the man from the beginning. Otherwise, he would have shown the man with the knife the loaded gun, and the man with the knife would have left. There is no other possibility. He is the "bad guy."

Defense. One could argue that the man with the knife was also partially at fault, because he could have chosen to not attack the man with the gun, but, as I have just tried to explain, the man with the gun had planned on shooting him from the beginning, and could have just as easily shot him when he turned his back to walk away.

-Beep

#50 Popcorn247, May 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014
  11. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

An even more right version of a right answer.

-Captain

12. Popcorn247

Popcorn247 New Member

Grateful. Beep is thankful for the recognition. I am new here.
    -Beep