1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Comments on Profile Post by Tallen

1. DeltaV
    DeltaV
    People will stop buying mods, so people will stop making them, so Steam won't get money, so steam will get rid of paying for mods and everything will be happy again.
    Apr 25, 2015
  2. GuardianPotato
    GuardianPotato
    Ogod plz no.
    Apr 25, 2015
  3. Mazékial
    Mazékial
    The only way I'd be ok with this is if the most successful paid mods got ported to console versions (where applicable) as optional DLC for the same or cheaper prices. Solely because my current PC sucks and I don't have the money to build a new one. It won't happen, but those are my terms.
    Apr 25, 2015
  4. Tallen
    Tallen
    It won't go away unless there is sufficient outrage. There will always be Whales willing to spend thousands in mods much like they spend thousand in phone games.

Also PC gaming is cheaper Maz
    Apr 25, 2015
  5. Mazékial
    Mazékial
    Sure, in the long run I won't deny it's cheaper. But if you want THE BEST PC GAMING EXPERIENCE you need to cough up some cash. I could pay $400 on a new PC and it won't be any better than the PS4 I got for free for my birthday. Now, once the $500-700 hurdle is jumped over, Steam Sales and mods will be more than adequate to compensate. But I just don't have that kind of money at this part of my life.
    Apr 25, 2015
  6. Mazékial
    Mazékial
    More specifically I've got the metaphorical fires of car insurance, college payments, and general life expenses that I must shovel the few moneys I get from my new job into before I can even think about things like a Gaming PC that I ultimately don't need.
    Apr 25, 2015
  7. Clem
    Clem
    I dont support this from Valve.
    I hope they do not implement this into Space Engineers.
    Apr 25, 2015
  8. Tallen
    Tallen
    Actually building a rig from the ground up is cheaper and gets better results, but of course real life takes priority. But no paid mods ever
    Apr 25, 2015
  9. Mazékial
    Mazékial
    That's actually what I'm talking about. A buddy linked me to this http://www.logicalincrements.com and I don't want to cut corners. Targeting the "Very Good" or "Excellent" range when I actually get the finances.
    Apr 25, 2015
  10. Mazékial
    Mazékial
    *"Very good" or "Great" range
    Apr 25, 2015