1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Post-anomaly Hylotl Group/Settlement/Thing

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Clem, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

In anticipation to the anomaly I call out to interested Hylotl RPers but who have been hesitant to make one due to the hole-filled lore concerning these species. to create a group or a settlement to become a fun place to RP these relatively forgotten species.

I know you all know my favour for the more Sengaku-Era view on Hylotl concerning culture, customs and tradition. None of that will be required to become one, but atleast some manners would be required. You can be the modern-gadget loving Hylotl or somewhere in between. Dont mind it at all, when we get to settle some place we'll talk about the general colony style and such then. Not before, after we have chosen a place to settle. Incase of settling with an existing place we'll follow their building rules.

Please, no flaming on the fishies. Constructive criticism, additions are welcome. If you are interested, simply reply and once there are atleast 3-4 people we can start forming a more cohesive foundation to expand upon.

2. SP3CTR3

SP3CTR3 Flipping Tables at ignorance!

I like Hyotl characters and I for one think this would be a cool idea to get started after the anomaly.

3. Alyxx

Alyxx New Member

Schmexy. This would give me a reason to finally use my fish-lady, that I've got half-abandoned. And a good, fresh start after the anomaly. Count me in, my good meow sire.

4. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

Alright, thats 2 people who joined. One more and we can get this show on the road!

5. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

I haven't RPed a Hylotl since the char wipe, but I'd love to get back to it. How are we going to end up contacting each other when the anomaly hits? I'm thinking that we need something fairly realistic IC.

6. Alyxx

Alyxx New Member

Oooh. This means we're finally 4. We're closer to get this going, ja? -And good suggestion tho. Perhaps it was a Starnet post? Or maybe they were there since hte start? Or maybe they all crash-landed? Or simply warped by the Anomaly? o3o

7. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

How about contacting through comms and then meeting somewhere?

8. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

@Alyxx According to Kaz, nobody is allowed to start there, since it happens IC the same time the wipe comes OOC.
    @Clem I'm cool with contacting through comms, but I don't think we have to RP that specifically, as long as we acknowledge IC that we did.
    As for meeting up, Kaz said that it's cool if our ships come with us as long as we were in them at the time of the anomaly, as long as they aren't massive warships or the like, so we can meet up like that. I guess we set up on whatever the best planet is that one of us spawns on?
    And what about materials? We can't ass-pull but we can make small shelters to live in until society is established anomaly-wide, I guess? Any ship parts are usable I think.

9. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

Traditional Hylotl construction takes time but if the resources are there, its possible to make the stuff. Just need wood, some rocks and plaster.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440182784][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyhow, if anyone is interested to get this show on the road before the anomaly for group-bonding and stuff like that.
    You can all find me in-game as Tsuyoshi_Takashiro

10. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

I'm personally up for us all meeting post-anomaly and being thrust together as victims of circumstance. It makes better RP imo if we meet for the first time after the anomaly. I haven't really been on the server in while and I was going to make my char after the wipe happened, so yeah...

11. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

Not everyone has to do this, but it'd be nice to meet some people already. Maybe help them out figuring their toon out, anomaly might not even happen in a long time. And.. there wont be a character wipe, just a rebalance of the stuff they have.

12. DartyGooblin

DartyGooblin New Member

So what exactly is the anomaly thang, Im out of date

13. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

There's a thread. I believe it's in the RP planning thread, though I might be mistaken.

14. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

15. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

So what characters are everybody playing? I was thinking some sort of traditional Japanese role, like a samurai or ninja or something. I might be a farmer/ninja, since all ninjas had fairly mundane jobs as a cover, and I think it would be cool to be something fairly normal like a farmer.

#15 TaintedMythos, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
  16. OcularOccultist

OcularOccultist New Member

Hello, I have a Hylotl and I'm known to rp on occasion. Indeed.

17. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

I already have the samurai, others can too fill this role for the longer-term!
    Then I can supply you with a katana or something else.
    [​IMG] Like this one.

18. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

I would personally be inclined to make a farmer/ninja. I think that would be a good mix since I can do combat and justify how our little group is able to get food. It also makes the character a little more realistic, since nobody was a 'full time' ninja (it was a secret covert job, being discovered as a ninja counted as treason) and like I said, justifies having food.
    One a side note, is that katana StarCheat made? Pretty cool, maybe you could link me a tutorial or something for how to use StarCheat? All the ones I've seen don't really help or are poorly done to the point that nothing makes sense.

19. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

The one from starcheat itself is helpful, other than that its about discovering things yourself. I also got kamas for your farmer/ninja person if you want them.

But I can make things fairly easy, animating things like swords just takes a bit of time.

20. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

I don't mean to get a bit off topic here, but if ya need a guide for Starcheat, feel free to take a look at one myself and a few other community members made right here. It should, at the very least, help you understand what everything does a bit better.