1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

gib opinion on cole harris and rig-b pls

Discussion in 'Character Discussion' started by Pie4Pigs, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Loveless

Loveless New Member

Rig-B is amazing. #1 of his fan club composing only of me.

But, really, I haven't seen Cole much around. He seems kinda meh to me.

2. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

im #1 Fan.
    your #2 </3

3. Loveless

Loveless New Member

[​IMG]

4. Solour

Solour a dad

cole is fat

rig-b is sexy

treepuller gave me ugly brown and red clothes, but fashion

0/100 wouldnt commander shepard

i do love you

5. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

A lot of these criticisms are valid for Cole. I didn't put a lot of effort into developing him over the course of his eons on the server, and he was a bit self-inserty back when I didn't properly know who to decide who he did and didn't like. He was just supposed to be someone who forced his ideals on others by any means possible.

The only criticism that doesn't make sense to me is him being a mary sue. My goal with Cole was to make him a loser, actually. People who got to know him more realized that he was just a fumbly guy who hardly knew what he was doing half the time and had horrible methods of fighting. The more I played him, the more I made him kind of an IC tryhard; a loser trying his best to be a badass master of deduction and failing (Cole has never had a successful investigative case). If you've ever tried to having a sizeable conversation with him, he comes off as pretty unprofessional and scatterbrained. He spends most of his free time watching intergalactic wrestling and eating junk food. The only thing that made him a real threat was SSS backing him, and he's not much trouble to fight 1v1.

As for him being a billy badass; It's kinda hard to make someone an IC tryhard without looking like an OOC tryhard, I guess.

And Dschunke had an actual motive and reason to fight like he did, but only a few people actually saw the context for why he had a 300,000 pixel bounty on him. I've been told by people that saw all of the context that he was a cool character, but it feels like it's too late for me to do anything else interesting with the character at this point. I originally wanted him to be the spawn of a monster (Landstreicher) trying his best to fit in and not cause trouble. Unfortunately, the giant bounty on him made that difficult. Eventually, I took some elements from him and put them into Rig-B (a big, clumsy robot with a heart of gold and inherent killing instinct)

But yeah. Gud criticism. Thx 4 coming.

PS:

no

#25 Pie4Pigs, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2014
  6. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

I meant avoiding, just out of habit.
    Sorry.
    Though, last time I avoided him, it was in a bar on Clarice when she was a slaver so...
    [Shrug]