1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Impervium Order

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Krug, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Krug

Krug New Member

History:
    The Impervium Order was established soon after Earthfall by the 1001st contingent. This USCM force was assembled to combat the giant tentacle monster. After Earth's defeat, the 1001st went renegade. Captain Matthew Graves determined it was Earth's own ignorance and hubris that caused Earthfall. The same hubris he would spend his life trying to destroy. Using the little weapons, ammunition, and fuel the newly formed Impervium Order had left, it scouted out shady science programs, would be WMDs, and others abusing the power of technology. Requisitioning their supplies as a means to continue, The Impervium Order continued to grow, but never became too powerful. Whenever a branch would become too big, it would split off to another portion of space. The main branch of the Impervium Order fell to a large Floran hunting party, outnumbered 1:100. Currently, The Impervium Order is amassing it's strength and recovering.

Purpose:
    To prevent large scale weapons and unethical experimentation techniques from being created and used. The Impervium Order shuns technology gone too far or with free will. This makes the group bigoted towards Glitch. They are also fierce contenders with The Miniknog and The Apex in general due to the evolutionary virus they've exposed themselves to. In addition to gathering information and technology.
    @Haplap @War_Weazel @pLuToNiuM Myself are current members

We also have built a stable base of operations.

If you're interested we have the following positions

Grandmaster (Taken)
    Technician
    Senior Technician
    Paladin
    Senior Paladin
    Prometheii​

#1 Krug, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015
  2. Raideck

Raideck Member

I don't mean to sound negative but, this sounds like the brotherhood of steel from fallout.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

they said that's exactly what it is

4. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

Yeah, we don't allow for clear rips from pop culture on the server. Some name changes would need to be done.

5. Krug

Krug New Member

While The Iron Brotherhood does take inspiration from the Brotherhood of Steel, much is different. Other than technology hoarding and rank names. Although whatever you recommend we change I'll definitely try to.

6. Smokestack

It is less an issue of the faction, more of we don't want to have clear indications of what one takes inspiration from. The Council is inspired by Mass Effect for example and we branched off from there.

If it won't be an issue, changing the names of the ranks should suffice. My only issue is that technology level as well as faction wealth needs to be established. The faction also needs 2 more members to be considered a faction for a section on the forums.

7. Krug

Krug New Member

Alright, thanks. Also, we actually set up this thread to try and get those members. Also, do factions need five members plus the leader or only five members?

8. Krug

Krug New Member

Also, I was thinking roughly 200,000 starting pixels and advanced technology. The main drawback being low numbers. Thanks to War Weasel and Plutonium along with Haplap helping to build a bunker.

9. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

btw, Impervium is a super rare, super strong alloy, you literally can't afford impervium armor, that's how OP and rare it is.

Generally Durasteel is the strength of "moderately" strong armor.

10. Krug

Krug New Member

The group doesn't use Impervium, but because it is incredibly durable and sought after, that's what the group was named.

11. Raideck

Raideck Member

I mean 200k starting pixels and advanced tech for low numbers. The main issue is our playerbase, it's going to have low numbers in any group with an average 13-15 players at our busiest.

12. Krug

Krug New Member

I figured every other faction had implied members that weren't PCs

13. Raideck

Raideck Member

No? At least not that I've ever seen, every ACTUAL member is a pc, I've seen multicliented pcs at the same time but no labeled npcs. Like in the days of the RSSU I had three mining drone workers, but they were considered assets and not members.

14. Krug

Krug New Member

Well then, would 150k and advanced tech be okay?

15. Raideck

Raideck Member

That's something you'd have to ask the staff. Lemme give an example though. Borish (Which is the leader of the RSSU) is my most weathly character when he came to Antares he had his clothes, ship and his life savings which was like 5k and he asked his two friends for their savings so it was around 18k that they purchased a tiny shit stain of a refinery and mined planets for matierals.

16. Smokestack

150k starting would be good if you started off with nothing and had to use that money to actually build yourself a base of operations in the Antares area.

Advanced tech is iffy. I don't know what you mean by advanced. USAF, an old Antares branch of the USCM was hated for lines of advanced weaponry and armor. Even then, they were poor. Being in the fringe is already dealing you a bad hand because you'd have had to go out of your way to get out here.

If you can define what the advanced tech actually is in a private conversation with me, I'll try to see if it'll work.