1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

In Memory of Hoshiwara

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I have recently received some saddening news.
    Unfortunately, it seems that @hoshiwara.t passed away last April due to a car accident.

She was one of the nicest Antarans I've ever met and offered much insight to our process through her role as a reviewer. She will live on through her contributions and our memories. May her posts serve to remind us all that it is possible to be friendly in the face of unfriendliness, and that each and every one of us are merely human.

May she rest in peace.

2. Soulcairn

Soulcairn New Member

there goes another good humans.......
    so sad......

3. meanwhile

meanwhile drunk cyberpunk catgirl

It's really sad to hear of her passing, for she was one of my favourites to roleplay with. She was extremely friendly, and a great person in general.

Damn.

4. Xeni

Xeni New Member

Dusting off to pay my respects here.

Hoshi was a fantastic member of this community -- and come to think of it, I'm certain she was the first person I ever considered a friend here, after scrambling Kazushi onto the server and beaming down to New Uganda for the first time ever. Both as a roleplayer and fellow member of this community, Hoshi was compassionate, soft-toned, and the friendliest person to everybody she spoke to. She was always at her best when she started doing administrative work with the rest of us. She was always proactive and brought bright thoughts to the table in the brief time that she was involved in it.

IRL, she had been here in Canada, studying abroad, originally from Japan, and from what she told me, she really did enjoy her time on this side of the pond. Her sibling's informed me that she is now resting easy at home.

There she is on the right. Yukari must've been a hot topic that day in Katune's bar that Hoshi helped run.
    [​IMG]

The community won't be the same without your positive demeanor and curt bows. Rest In Peace, my friend.

5. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

I'm genuinely disheartened to see this, this is the second person we've lost in this community to a motor vehicle accident. My sincerest regards go to her loved ones.

6. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Hoshiwara was one of the most pleasant people I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with and her death is a great loss to the community and world in general. I'm glad I got to interact with her when I did, and regret not doing it more.

Rest in Peace.

7. Solour

Solour a dad

[​IMG]
    please

8. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

God, I feel like shit reading this honestly. We are a tight-knit community, have always been. It's very sad, no, nearly crushing to see someone leave in such a manner. May she rest in peace wherever she is now.

9. Rezima

Rezima New Member

I am really going to miss her...she was a good friend of mine..and she loved this community more than it probably deserved.

She had a special way of defusing almost any situation, she had a great habit of popping into arguments and debates in the moderator chats and saying something, usually just a single short sentence..and completely taking the wind out of everyone involved, making us all feel guilty or silly for fighting, just by her presence.

It's like she was a constant reminder of what we should be..better, kinder people, with no room for pettiness..

..She was a great friend..and an even better person....I am going to remember her and the conversations we had fondly for years to come.

10. Tallen

Tallen New Member

I pray she is in a better place now.

11. NovaZenk

NovaZenk New Member

I never really met her, but she sounded like a great person.

Which makes me really want to have met her.
    Rest in Peace.

12. Just Another

Just Another New Member

Wow. She had really been a great member of the community. It's always the good people who go first. Always seemed to be 110% nice no matter the situation, and was rather fun to role play with.

Words aren't enough to express how saddening this is, really.

13. Mitzi the Floran

Mitzi the Floran Sufferer of Prawnsequences

Hoshiwara was always the nicest person.
    I'll miss her.

14. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

Wow um, I don't know what to say but um... is there any proof? Don't get me wrong I RPed with her myself and she was very nice and everything, but I'm having a bit of trouble accepting this. How'd you find out about it?

15. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Well, she's been MIA since March. We know she wasn't the kind of person who'd lie or fake their death. It was reportedly a sibling under her account that informed someone who informed me. Either way, she's been gone for a long time now. If she miraculously returns, we can celebrate, but...

16. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

I understand. She will be missed.

17. OcularOccultist

OcularOccultist New Member

"Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order."
    - David Gerrold

18. Alyxx

Alyxx New Member

Uh. I've never gotten to meet her, nor have a little chit-chat, but... It still hurts to know that a member of such a lovely comunity will never come back. You'll be missed, Hoshi.

[Insert here sad outro song]

19. brianna43210

brianna43210 New Member

i'd let her take my spot in heaven... it made me cry when i read this

20. The Big Bad Wolf

Rest in peace.

It is terrible news when we learn death has come for someone close us and those who have touched our lives in some way.

My condolences for those affected by this tragedy.