1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Miniknog Exploration Force

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Thewaltham, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Thewaltham

Thewaltham New Member

This is an idea for a new faction on the server. A Miniknog exploration team.

Consisting of a moon outpost, and a exploration cruiser type vessel, the faction on the surface, will be all about peace, exploration, etc, however, under the surface, typical evil Miniknog crap.

The faction also will somewhat pay homage to star trek, in particular the original series. The moon base is currently under construction, and if you want to check it out OOCly, drop me a message.

We need more people to make this an official faction, so, if you're interested, say so, the more the merrier!

=Thewaltham=

2. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

There's a handful of people with MiniKnog characters. Please make this happen! The Grey Hand neeeds it!

3. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

I'm interested. It'd be nice for a miniknog faction to actually exist.

4. Atom

Atom New Member

There was a interest check for general Miniknog stuff like two weeks ago which a few people responded to. It had a group chat but then went cold. I just started a IC Antares Miniknog census check to at least know the other active characters out there. As few of us as there are we should know each other. I have a large double apex lab with plenty of room to expand. If you have a Miniknog character you consider under the radar of the Miniknog please make note of it here.
    http://community.playstarboundrp.com/threads/internal-antares-miniknog-census.7219/

5. Thewaltham

Thewaltham New Member

Right, so you use someone else's faction startup post, to advertise your own faction? Low blow man, low blow.

6. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Not an advertisement for a faction. Hell, it was just a person saying that there was census and if you want to put your character on it, go ahead.

7. Atom

Atom New Member

No. Not at all. I dont want to be the leader of anything, I just want to see a Miniknog faction actually start. That post I linked is to simply locate other Miniknog characters in Antares. This thread here is the same idea as the other INTEREST CHECK for a Miniknog faction someone else started. Just starting up new ones does not help to get this organized. I want to see this happen but our goal should be to start up a sub-forum right now to have everyone interested posting in the same place. There are very few that are interested in this so we need to stick togather to make it happen. All of these threads are the same idea if they are true to the Miniknog and I want to see them all come togather.
    http://community.playstarboundrp.com/threads/the-community-interest-check.7035/
    http://community.playstarboundrp.com/threads/faction-the-miniknog.5696/

#7 Atom, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
  8. ASinisterIon

ASinisterIon New Member

I think it was more so that the Miniknog characters could know about eachother, not shameless self promoting. Plus, I'm sure a moon base could use a research lab

9. Thewaltham

Thewaltham New Member

Ah ok. Sorry I misunderstood what you meant. And yeah, seems that very few are interested in the Miniknog.

10. Thewaltham

Thewaltham New Member

I'm afraid due to a planet wipe, we've lost the location of the Miniknog base. I stupidly didn't write it down, and the blackout glitch caused my ship to be moved.

11. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

Oh noes D:

We can rebuild this m8

12. Thewaltham

Thewaltham New Member

Panic is over, luckily someone else had written down the coords. I have them written down as well now, so, now making that mistake again.

13. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

Yay, finally a way to make my character have someting happen with their faction. Hope this comes together well.

14. Thewaltham

Thewaltham New Member

I'm trying to talk to the mods about it, they seem a little unsure about letting it be an official canon faction, due to the fact we would have miniknog support, no matter how limited I make it.

15. Thewaltham

Thewaltham New Member

Unfortunately, this faction in its current state is a no go. Mods don't like canon factions being used. I will be redeveloping it though, probably as a renegade faction that are still devoted to science.

16. Sen

Sen Guest

lmao this server is fucked

17. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

Well, that is rather unfortunate. This could have brought up some interesting RP times, would have been fun. Shame.

18. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

My issues with this faction are something along the lines of his:
    • Why would the Miniknog set up a long-term base in an already populated sector? It would be entirely likely that it would immediately be destroyed by the other citizens of Antares.
    • What would it do? The Miniknog survive off of intense isolationism and restricting contact with the outside world.
    • On account of the first two points, my third concern is what the faction would even do. I would assume it would be for research and scientific development, but this faction would, in my opinion, promote a group's separating itself from the rest of the server.
    Also, regarding the no lore factions, I'm pretty sure that it's because Antares has already been deemed a sector of minimal interest to the big factions. The USCM was an exception, as well as the Fleet, but even the Fleet was intended to be temporary, and quickly left the sector after "Checking in" in a way of sorts.

DISCLAIMER: This is not me speaking on behalf of the mod team. I am saying this as your fellow player.

19. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Pffft, ''No canon factions'' is dumb. What's the point in playing in a universe with established lore if that is the case?

It's known that miniknog are interested in advancing their ability to combat the other races, and to the Miniknog, knowledge is power Via research and experimention they seek to improve their ability at combating the other races. The lore mentions them genetically modifying their soldiers (Or at least attempting to. There's no reason the research has to be successful) with the DNA of the other races.

Antares is a frontier and a place where all the different races mix and mingle. Therefore it is the perfect place for the miniknog to capture test subjects, and also to analyse the technology of the other races.

20. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

What's the point of canon stuff if its off-limits.