1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Trip Advisory: Liberty Mills

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Corvus, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Corvus

Corvus New Member

On arriving, I was met by two Stargazers having a conversation. It was nice, one of them was stuttering. Anyways, it was a pretty nice place, nice stars, a bit smoggy.
    I met up with an old friend, I started telling her about how she was totally morally above the Fleet and their racist, supremacist agenda, but she seemed kinda unwilling to talk, since she was guarding the bar that's never open or something.
    Some guy in bulky armor walked up, then, and called me a Grounded. I felt like the employees at Liberty Mills didn't have the sunshiny type of personality I expected out of them, but whatever. He started yelling at my old friend, then I asked if I could leave. He told me I could, so I beamed away to not get arrested. I'm apparently not allowed back because I interrupted my friend's work, and also I'm a grounded so I'm not allowed to talk to Stargazers or something.. I'm a bit confused by that, and I'd like a bit of feedback from the owners. I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding, and the guy didn't mean to tell me I would get flogged if I returned.

Overall, the coffee was pretty good, but the radical Stargazers need to chill out a notch. 3/10, would not advise trip unless you wanna get killed.

2. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

[​IMG]
    -PizzaLover445566

3. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

I sincerely doubt there were two stargazers having a casual conversation in the street. - Skarti

4. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Can agree to that. Fleet is deterring people from visiting LM. Feel bad for mayor.
    - Crowliss

5. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Liberty Mills isn't really a tourist city... it is an industry city. I dont think they, as a whole care about visitors unless you are shipping, buying, or selling.

- B00mb1rd

6. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Oh, that's why it smelled like a Floran had been split open after eating a bunch of Avians who ate nothing but curried beakseed for a year.
    It's industrial, guys. Don't worry.
    -Corvus

7. Doctor Frohman

Yes, but without people to visit, bar owners will go out of buisness. Traders will not profit as much. Also, with less people visiting, less people will want to live there. If keep at this rate, will become Ghost-Town like Tetanus was. When Holy-Fleet goes away, LM will likely become deserted except for a couple faithful.

Has seen before. Armies bring activity to the colony, but also take away from tourism.

- Crowliss

8. Aissa

Aissa Clockwork Pastry Lobster

9. Doctor Frohman

(( Seeing as how that post is OOC, I don't see how this contributes to the IC conversation at all, except for Metagame. ))

10. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

They do plenty of business with the locals. Liberty mills is packed with workers looking to spend a bit of their paychecks. In fact, most people who visit are the reason the bar is so often closed for repairs.

Industry, not trade. They mine and refine here, and sell off world. Most all other businesses here thrive based on the local populace alone, and cater to that.

People looking to work will live here. If you don't have a job on planet, I can't imagine any housing will be set aside for you unless it would be temporary. That's why there are so many vagrants slumming around.
    I'll take Liberty Mills over Tetanus any day. Having clean tap water I don't have to run through three filtration systems, storms that don't want me dead on a daily basis, unstable or non existing leadership and incompetent guard forces breathing down my neck for no good reason.

The work force will still be here. The folks that make some something like 80% or so of the population of Liberty Mills.

The army got the foothold here because the tourists were causing issues.

-B00mb1rd

11. Corvus

Corvus New Member

None of this changes the fact that the service for the coffee is mediocre at best.
    -Corvus

12. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I've yet to get a decent espresso here myself either.

-B00mb1rd

13. Corvus

Corvus New Member

THE DEEP POLITICAL CORRUPTION OF THE FLEET HAS BEEN ADMITTED BY ONE OF IT'S SUPPORTERS!
    IT'S COFFEE IS BELOW AVERAGE!
    HERESY!

14. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

Any place that doesn't have a good coffee can burn in hell.

-Mark21

((Markus Lancer))

15. Shalken

Shalken New Member

During my visit to the location, a fellow visitor was questioning the Avian guards, who were dressed up very peculiarily (I presume they were part of this 'Holy Fleet'). It was an honest, simple question: do they carry guns? But alas, instead of being answered, the curious fellow was directed to walk halfway across the city to the customs office for information. Scrolling through the Net I seea lot of unrest and hatred toward this "Fleet"...I care not for duties or rites or whatnot, but a little common courtesy would suffice.

-Wraith