1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The MuckTooth Swarm

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by DirtyGoblin, Mar 19, 2014.

1. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Ended

So the sewers of Tetanus Fields are full/infested with the spawn of the Mucklurk/Traptooth Union. (ew Stamens)

So! Just putting this out there if anyone ever wants to play a floran that resulted from that union, (one of the ones that wasn't cannibalised, burnt, or shredded in a rust storm) Gimme a poke!

There are some oddities to these florans. Most are infested with the same symbiotic fungus Mucklurk sports, this provides some sustenance but causes a painful reaction to bright light and some discomfort.in dry environments.

#1 DirtyGoblin, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  2. OmegaMatt

OmegaMatt Last But Not Least

I will call him Sludgelick and he will be mine!

3. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

me
    playing as literally me
    i am the lovechild of traptooth and mucklurk i scowl at the sun and have an odd tendency to look at pictures of mutilations

4. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

Is it possible that I can join in this? If so, then I shall play Podspitter!

5. Narfball

Narfball narfball

can i play a floran named narfball
    his skills will include:
    being disabled mentally
    being supra dupra stronk like bull
    eat like horse
    hate everyone
    spurgle

420/69 best floran

6. Narfball

Narfball narfball

YES BEST FLORAN

7. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

that was yess to all. -_-

8. Narfball

Narfball narfball

you shut your whore mouth let me have my moment

9. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

I would want to play as Quick-Claw, an outcast of the swarm. All of them are continuously trying to kill her, but due to her cunning and unnatural intelligence, Quick-Claw is able to evade them, as well as take out most of her brethren. She will still be savage, not truly understanding what the hell is going on, except knowing that the Uptoppers are not to be trusted, but she hates her siblings...

10. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Most of the 'swarm' minus the ones that stand out (Sludgelick, Tardrinker, Spinestalker, MudSpike, Narfball) are borderline feral, being kept in a sewer system with no food other than each other.

Mucklurk just teaches the ones that stand out (The ones that have matured enough to speak understandably, beyond ssstab)
    The swarm itself is basically a gaggle of florans that haven't fully matured mentally, that are consumed by hunger and an overpowering survival instinct. I don't know how an "outcast" really fits into that. And I don't want to promote anything "super human" or in this case "super floran" above average is A-Okay, but...

I'm wanting to avoid the comic book super-hero/super-villain trope.

Granted, each of the PC mucklings/traplings do stand as above average compared to their kin because survival in that system entailed either above-average wit, or strength, the ability to survive constant scuffles, either by cunning or force.

Example: Sludgelick survived by avoiding most conflicts, and eating scraps/sludge.

Example 2: Narfball survived by sheer violence, (And luck?)

Example 3: Tardrinker survived by cleverness, and an aptitude to fashion makeshift weaponry

Example 4: MudSpike survived by I think, the fact that he coats himself in mud, like an ambush predator with camo.

I don't know nuff bout Spinestalker to make an assumption on how he/she survived o.o

11. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

Quick-Claw found a discarded Red-Rubium dagger of very fine material in the Sewers, she's the ultimate scavenger. She's light on her feet, and is very stealthy. She is also extremely cautious, and more curious about Uptoppers than afraid and hating them.

12. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Mind you, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. I don't want the "Ssspurgle Florans" to fall into a sort of "OverPowered Invincible" stereotype. That's why there's the aversion to light, the focus on trying to gradually detail the fungal infestation they have and it's drawbacks.

The swarm itself was not something I ever planned on doing, until Trap and Muck 'mated', it's seat of the pants, kinda stuff that I'm trying to keep under enough control that it fits in the server, and doesn't mess with other peoples fun.

It's also why I asked other people to play, so others can put their spin on it, just, without letting it spiral off into super-human levels of stuff, that might put others at an unfair, ooc disadvantage.

13. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

Yeah, I get it.

14. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

I'm planning on Quick-Claw eventually finding a sewer exit, and escaping her twisted siblings and Father. I wanted her to be the one out of the bunch to be the "civilized" one. She stands out, because she is the outcast, the one everyone else wants to kill and eat the most, but she's still alive.

15. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

No offense, but surviving a mob of angry florans who are all spread out in the sewers is a bit... eh.

Not to mention the fact that Quick-Claw is going to be on Tetanus = Muck spawnies hunting traitor 24/7 might cause some ooc complaints if your character manages to survive every encounter. Assuming this because I think you want that character to live.

16. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

I wanna play the dumbest and generally most useless one with no skills or positive qualities in the slightest, but miraculously managed to survive by tripping on a pipe, bashing his head and laying unconscious in a puddle for the entire time.

Flemflinger

17. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

sssstupidss ones get fed to the deep one!

18. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

So how do you propose I make it so that Quick-Claw is still the outcast that nobody likes, and still survive?