1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Universe files now available for download

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Oct 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Hello everyone,

It's bittersweet looking back at all that we've done here. Antares/SBRP was nothing without it's community. I mean that from my heart. We had our challenges and stresses, but I think in the end it was all worth it.

We're coming up on our 10 year anniversary. We may not be live anymore but that doesn't erase what was.
    This community was launched on December 14th, 2013. It was recently that I was migrating the forums to a new web host in my commitment to keep these memories alive and accessible and during that process I stumbled across some old files. I also restored the SBSE website too because I stumbled across it's files when searching through my backups.

I found something else again as well. It's the last, final, backup that was made of the server as it was on the day we closed down. The timestamp on the final log reads October 2nd, 2018, 12:00 AM EST.

Since we won't be coming back, I thought the best thing to do would be to release the world files for anyone to enjoy. You can load them up in single player and re-visit old colonies. I just hope that not too many of them are damaged. Maybe I can find earlier backups if so, just let me know and I'll see what I can do. I have lots of world file backups scattered across my archives.

Anyway, I guess this is it. I can't think of anything else left to do.

I'm sorry for all of my mistakes. I promise I've learned from most of them.

It's been an honor.

Sincerely,
    Kaz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.