1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Seeking Investor for Research Project

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Runix, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Runix

Runix New Member

((Appologies if I'm writing this the wrong place, still getting the hang of whole this "forum" thingy, or whatever the kids are calling it these days.))

Greetings! My name is Brigliss Everdeen, and I've recently begun working on a larger project - construction of a research station on a mostly aquatic world, previously sterile from off-worldly contact. The station will be located at the bottom of the planet's largest ocean, where my people and I can safely study a significant amount of exotic creatures and plant life.

And while that's all nice and dandy, I cannot do this alone. I require funding for materials, researchers, workers, food and everything you could expect. For that reason, I've come to the StarNet searching for investors. So if this is something that interests you the slightest, please do send me a message, and we can work something out. Or write down bellow if you've got any questions!

That should be all for now. So thank you for concidering, and do have a nice day!

2. Raideck

Raideck Member

What's in it for us?
    -Gerik

3. Runix

Runix New Member

Good question! I must've forgotten that part while writing. My appologies, but I do get a little nervous.

I do not really know what the optimal payment would be. Depends on what you're interested in. Our findings could be potentialy valuable for a colony or company, if we discover anything of use when it comes to chemistry, medicine, weapons. Or maybe a cut of all future profits - could work really well for a long-term investment. Or maybe guide our research a specific direction - knowledge is power, and would be a shame to have your neighbours get it first!

Hope that answers your question!

-Brigliss Everdeen

4. Raideck

Raideck Member

How much?
    -Gerik

5. Runix

Runix New Member

As in how much money? I honestly don't know. It's a rather abitious project, I must admit, so a fair amount, to say the least. Most definately in the tens of thousands.

-Brigliss Everdeen

((Not too sure how many pixels is to be concidered a lot on this server, I'm afraid. So wouldn't mind a helping hand there!))

6. Raideck

Raideck Member

((It's oocly thought that 1 pixel is equal to 1 US dollar for simplicity))

7. Runix

Runix New Member

((Oooh, thank you very much! ^^))

Wait, that may be undershooting it. By, like.... a significant amount. I mean, not like the technology isn't there to make it, so that shouldn't be a problem. But just a bit higher than what I said earlier. That sound realistic?

-Brigliss Everdeen

8. Raideck

Raideck Member

One last question. How do we know you're serious about this?
    -Gerik

9. Runix

Runix New Member

Yeah! I've already started construction out of my own pocket. I mean, it's not far, and I had to pull a lot of strings to get this with my limited amount of funding.
    Station.png
    As you can see, the construction of both a lobby and some offices - not for the actual science, that will be deep bellow - have already been made. If it takes off, I will have to expand this section, or automate the office jobs significantly. That's a problem for a later time. The tunnel down will likely not be the final one. What you see is more to assist workers traversing the long distance betwin the surface and the bottom of the ocean.

That, and I would greatly prefer an elevator over so, so many stairs.

-Brigliss Everdeen

10. Raideck

Raideck Member

If I did give money towards this project I'd of course like to see the facility and perhaps have a discussion with you; whom I think is the project owner.

11. Runix

Runix New Member

Well, my parents are the head of the project, but - and don't tell them I said this - I'm the one doing all the work, haha.

On a more serious note, that could be aranged indeed! Would make little sense if my investors couldn't come take a look. I would, however, prefer to not make the location publicly known, as to preserve the planet's relative sterility. If this is indeed something you're concidering, I could send you the coordinates, so tell me if that's the case. But do please bring a hard hat, as it is still a construction site.

-Brigliss Everdeen

12. Raideck

Raideck Member

Yeah, you can email me. ((Msg me)) We can have a discussion about the project before I drop any funding.

-Gerik

13. Runix

Runix New Member

Wonderful! One message comming your way.

-Brigliss Everdeen

14. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

If you build an underwater lab, please do not use glass. No windows at all. Structural weakness.

15. Runix

Runix New Member

You would be surprised how strong they can make glass now! And, with good support, reinforcement and shape, it should not be an issue.
    At least that's what my engineers told me.

-Brigliss Everdeen

16. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

They lied. You could save lives, and costs, by simply not putting in windows. I'ts unnecessary pressure on the structure.

17. Runix

Runix New Member

Thank you very much for the concern, but I will trust my engineers on this one, and not a stranger on the starweb. But do have a nice day.

-Brigliss Everdeen

18. Cannibal_Kon

Cannibal_Kon New Member

[Logged in as H4rgr4v3nH3ll]
    [Comment initiated.]

I'll be in contact, Pegasus Trading Company is more than interested in a project such as this.

- Lilith P. Harmen

[Comment sent.]
    [Successfully logged out.]

((Same here, just message me. We can work something out.))

19. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

SSC-HOLON

A laughable business proposal. Vague promises of "findings" and a clear lack of a plan in regards to selling said findings to "a colony or company". There is absolutely no plan here. It seems to me as if you are completely unqualified for your current position. You suggest "Maybe a cut of all future profits". As a potential investor, I know feel unsure, as I would only "maybe" get paid.

Have you done your research? Is this under the ocean lab something that anyone in Council even requires? I certainly do not. And I have no interest in being killed by thousands of pounds of water when the glass breaks due to unforeseen hazards.

Knowledge is power, and unfortunately it seems as if you do not have enough of it. Please, revise your business proposal once more knowledge is acquired.

20. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Employ hylotl engineers.
    -Kuro