1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

You gosh darned dingdongs, chill

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JimHarrison, Jul 13, 2014.

1. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

Every time I see a god damn thread about how some thing or another is ruining the server for them, I always see this mother pluckin' sentence: IT RUINS MY IMMERSION.

M8

M8

Here's the thing. If you're some completely engrossed in Starbound's RP world that you can handle the god damn Commu-Monkies from 1984 and Samurai Fish people, but you can't handle some fucking rednecks or heaven forbid something like people playing music then you need to take a minute and eat a god damn snickers. If you're looking for a uber hardcore RP experience you'd probably best leave, plenty of tomfoolery happens on this server, OOC and IC. And if that bothers you, quit making freakin' threads complaining about the uber casual n00b fagots and bail before I blow up in to a steamy pile of Jimmery and Rage.

2. Spyrosis

Spyrosis Basedgod

All hail the new messiah, for he speaks the truth.

3. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

[​IMG]

4. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

This is as uber hardcore as it gets, guys.
    This server is one of the best RP experiences I've ever played, and the game itself isn't built for RP. (Unlike HL2RP)
    So, yeah, I agree with this guy. Quit complaining about people screwin' about and ruining your immersion.
    I understand if you get pissed, like, if somebodies shooting you, or placing blocks, or STOPPING your RP experience dead in its tracks, but if its simply somebody shooting a carrot gun that makes car sound effects? Pssh, ignore that.
    /rant

5. fukkireta

fukkireta New Member

stuff that ruins peoples rp like massive cat guns n'stuff i can agree but playing music????
    STFU NOW OR DIE I FUCKING PLAY ALL THE MUSIC I WANT!

6. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

[​IMG]
    I already had enough of that shit back when I played Skyrim.
    It surprises me how seriously people take this game when it comes to RP. Especially with all the realism and how accurate things are when it comes to science. People seem to forget that this is just your another indie sandbox game, with it's devs adding things that are cool, but not accurate to science and realism. Look at the official art. It's just animu themed stuff that got nothing to do with realism. However, I am not saying that all the RP should be some whacky, random pile of whatever.

7. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Only thing that bothers me is when peeps blatantly break laws of physics. Just a personal problem.

Otherwise, I love the random music and goofing off that happens.

8. The Big Bad Wolf

Meh. I'd have to disagree. Not that I go ape shit or feel its the end of the world if someone does something immature on the server, but that doesnt mean people shouldnt express their issues about the ooc- or ic nonsense that goes on. Sure there not much we can do to stop it. Its inevitable you will encounter or be apart of some type of behaviour someone may not like but ultimately if no one speaks up on it then nothing changes. The admin and mods do what they can to try an d regulate things. They aren't being paid to do this though, they volunteer and invest time to maintain the site and server that we enjoy. The least the community can do in return is help support their goals. At the end of the day its just a game, sure.

#8 The Big Bad Wolf, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
  9. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

I really do agree with the OP here, but there are definitely situations where it completely halts RP, or makes it incredibly difficult to do so. For example, the cat guns in the other thread. I know some people use them for fun, and it's perfectly fine to see them, just like no one cares about the silly pizza guns that people have. However, the issue with the cat guns is the people spamming them. This doesn't merit banning the gun, as the real problem is the people who spam them while in a populated area and taking up the entire screen with cats. So while the post Jim made makes perfect sense, there are situations that are occurring that I'm not sure everyone is aware of.

Disclaimer: in my post about joke characters, I need to point something out. I know I said it in the OP, but it wasn't clear enough I don't think. The hillbillies are fine, now, and they're actually fun characters, just like the mafia. However when they first appeared, there were issues with them running around and causing problems, however each side was to blame. The hillbillies weren't THAT bad, and to be fair a lot of it was the other players overreacting. However, as a community we're expected to respect each other.

10. Spyrosis

Spyrosis Basedgod

The hillbillies were pretty dang bad, I mean c'mon, Bobby Joe has pissed on every colony in the server.

11. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

<.<

But in all seriousness, yeah, unless it's like, RP breaking where someone comes in, and blows everyone up, or 2+ people all playing music at once, little bouts of OOC aren't that big of an issue. So long as they remain little and infrequent.

Most often times you see them is when RP is currently halted due to AFK

[[The "clear the road carrot" cannon has a history man!]]

12. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

I mean, just want to clarify here - this was more a response to folks demanding bans over silly little things like chucklefingers and catguns and then exploding at the slightest bit of OOC banter.

Cos I like to have fun

I ain't trying to say that folks should go pooping all over the artform.
    You know, because uh.
    RP is an art.

13. fukkireta

fukkireta New Member

now this guy is a true god!