1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Whats Your Hobby/Interest/Career??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by QuestionableMotives, May 16, 2015.

1. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

As the title implies, whats something that you love to do?
    For me, I'm a huge astronomy geek. Im planning on going to university and getting a degree for it (hopefully!)

2. FoRgE

FoRgE Whack-A-Yak-5

I like making Source-Filmmaker artwork, building and maintaining computers and playing games.

3. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

4. Davarpe

Davarpe New Member

I love science in general, and i also love buildings, since i was pretty young i started to play with LEGOs, that introduced me to the world of architecture, which is currently the career i am studying.

Regarding the science thing i said first, since i was pretty young i was also pretty interested in planes, they really impressed me... They fly! So i really did not know if to study aeronautics or architecture at first. I may end up studying aeronautics once i end up architecture if i have the time.

I also really like computers and anything related to them, i can not program, but i will try to learn it as well, i gave a try to those RPG makers software, and i really enjoyed my time with them (Like the time i enjoy when wiring stuff in Starbound, or my previous things with redstone in minecraft).

I think that copes many things that i am interested in right now, i will skip usual things such music, films, etc, because i do like them, but i do love those i said earlier.

5. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

HOW COULD I FORGET FREAKING LEGOS
    I STILL PLAY WITH THEM
    ALSO DO AERODYNAMICS WITH ME AND LETS BUILD SPACESHIPS TOGETHER

6. Davarpe

Davarpe New Member

Hell yeah, i keep playing with them as well, also i always order one for christmas, Star Wars if possible, i want to make a full scale battle flying over my room bedroom. :)

If you do wait for like 3 years, then count me in hahaha!

7. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

So, basically we're all massive nerds? :D

Yeah, same here. Im actually taking an intermediate programming class at my school right now , I'm learning javascript and im getting (kind of) handy with it. I built a really simple and crappy game of pong with it, I might actually post it somewhere to show you guys.

8. Raideck

Raideck Member

I'm going to be a producer....

9. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I'm a carefree, friendly and creative guy. But I despise math. My deal's graphic design, conceptual art, music (violin), history, etc.

I'm hoping to study archaeology when I get to university, and do art/music on the side as I study and work. Plus I like the outdoors and I'd love to travel around the world discovering things.

10. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Hobby:
    Gaming if obviously my main hobby, but also since I live in the centennial state i go camping, hiking, fishing, hunting (for food not trophy), and ATV'ing.

Interest:

Science in general, lore, mythology, and creating short stories.

Career:

I am Upscale Security Officer, however my focused work is in a Security Operations Center. Needless to say I can't same more then that, but I was contract to work a Google facility.

11. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

I love to play tennis. I started playing in the 9th grade and continued to play because it was the only sport that I could play. I suck at sports. I do a lot of tabletop games with friends like Call of Cthulhu, Pathfinder, and D&D (3.5e and 5). I write stories in my freetime, watch anime, read comics, and listen to music. I also run a board game club and Asian culture club in my school.

Career-wise, I want to do anything in law-enforcement or business. So I compromised and I'm going to try for a degree in Accounting and then go the route to become a Federal Agent. Either an IRS special agent, or an FBI special agent. Otherwise, I'd like to become a police officer because I like being in a position where I can protect others.

12. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

I play badminton. I do gaming, PC tinkering and to a minor extent ; the local troubleshooter guy. My hobbies are Games Workshop tabletop games, I began with a Tau army as my first because guns'n less-grimdark go well together. I also like to go see places on my bike, but more for recreative style of riding instead of racing and all that jazz. Dont like that anymore.

Job-wise, I am unemployed. Finished a IT study all good'n fine, started to apply since then and they didnt want me time after time. I got enough experience already but I constantly get waved off on the most ****iest of reasons and am pretty fed up about it. Since I always wanted to work in the IT sector. Mainly as a person behind the scenes to keep stuff running.

13. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

My hobbies and careers tend to blur.

My current job is at Best Buy. It's retail, pays poorly, the hours are short, and the environment isn't friendly.
    I want to either be a computer programmer/software developer (like I used to be) or an administrator of a fully fledged community that's profitable enough to be a career.

I love doing admin work, I also love writing programs. These two things play really nice together as I can build great things for people.
    Sadly, I'm not very good at making either of these things profitable - partly due to my own generosity. Being poor myself, I find it difficult to charge people for things I do as I think it's better for the world if they're free - but money is the name of the game, unfortunately.

14. Zephzer

Zephzer Level Over 9000

My hobbies are coding and playing games. I really like dota 2 and sometimes play in some amateur tournaments. I've run a minecraft server role play for over 2 years that has had varying levels of popularity from 50 unique daily players down to about 7 depending on the time of year. I've coded a few plugins for my server but nothing massive just a dive rolling and a few other things

As for career im a manager at a rec center specifically over the pool area. Which just means I baby sit highschool lifeguards to make sure they do their job.

15. MedMalpractice

MedMalpractice New Member

I'm a SPESS MERHEEN sort of guy, but good to see someone else plays 40k. As far as what I do, I play Baseball, do the lights in Theaters, and play Super Smash Bros. surprisingly seriously.

16. Therinfluffs

Therinfluffs New Member

I enjoy 3d modeling of things like architecture and recreating scenes from my favorite games. Also take commissions on Second Life for some extra cash now and then. Though currently I've been utterly addicted to Elite:Dangerous, I also adore crazy spectacle fighters like KIller is Dead and Metal Gear Rising.. Now for some of my artwork/models if any are interested, I make these using Blender and photoshop in conjunction with one another.

Heres some stuff I've made in Secondlife for a roleplay sim, kinda quit going there due to a god-awful community that existed there who wouldn't stop harassing me about my work:
    [​IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/9uamht.jpg
    The train station..
    http://i61.tinypic.com/dnlk02.jpg
    Plate support..
    http://i58.tinypic.com/2zzmbl4.jpg
    The 7th Heaven (Textures by a good freind.)

I also have some personal artwork I do now and then:
    Link is breaking just copypasta tinypic.com/r/2a5yd1i/8

And I won't be afraid to admit I'm totally an effing furry more interested in cutesey non-sexualized characters such as my own (SFW pic):
    Link keeps breaking, Copypasta tinypic.com/r/20ij56q/8
    Character art by: Carmella Nix

As for career.. currently stuck living on government aid/commissions due to lack of interest in my profession in my area . :<

#16 Therinfluffs, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  17. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

FYI, your first few images don't work. The last one, the tinypic link works, though, looks nice.

18. Therinfluffs

Therinfluffs New Member

I replaced the non-working ones with copypasta versions :eek: I cant get them to stop breaking. Forum has a link limit I guess?

19. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

There isn't a link limit, but try uploading them as attachments instead.

20. Cassidy

Cassidy The Strudel

Disappointing people tbh