1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

What's a Rumor Mill?

Discussion in 'Rumor Mill' started by L.O.R.I.E., Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L.O.R.I.E.

L.O.R.I.E. Lil Ole' Record & Info Editor

The Rumor Mill

What?

A Rumor Mill allows players to generate dynamic lore & information for other players to use and play with! This 'lore' is commonly presented in the form of a rumor, story, or general 'event' that might have be spread through gossip, news reports, social media, etc.

How?
    It's easy! Just write it! Write what the player reading should expect or use! Here's an example.

Anyone spending time amongst the bars or clubs littered across Council designated space may expect to hear the prattle of patrons, gossiping and telling tales of their time in the sector. One of those little encounters might go a little something like this.

"So yeh hear? Some big time private MRB agent s'been gettin' really cozy 'round this sector. Aye. I heard the bitch s' real mean -- friend a' mine says she's some sorta specialized floran hunter. Eats 'em for breakfast. Fuck, I don't know f' I should consider myself glad or not I ain't a floran, f' you know what I mean -- heh."

Happy rumoring!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.