1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Resolved What to do? I was told the staff should decide.

Discussion in 'Colony Questions' started by ziggles, Jul 26, 2016.

1. ziggles

ziggles New Member

So when the 1.0 update happens I have been approved by Angry to make a armament company and I wanted to make the store on an entirely new settlement.

Here are the three choices I figured I could slide past you guys

1.) Make a settlement that was a ruined left for dead but re-built old human city on a wasteland of a planet ran by a novakid mayor or something (me). Mainly a western setting with some low grade or rusty tech and maybe some electricity lines, the guns would be allowed but holstered unless in self defense. Might have a bunker/vault or two underground

2.) Have really nice hylotl peaceful place with a tea shop and some apartments or something with a gun store underground or behind the tea store in the back, no guns permitted at all

3.) Not have a settlement at all and not have a gun store and do sales in a ship or something, however I would really like a wild west settlement

2. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

My experience with Armament companies has led to either A) Build your shop on someone elses colony so you get alot of traffic while not having to maintain the colony or B) Build your own colony centered around your company, and use them in tandem to create event chains and fun RP. For you, I'd suggest either your choice 1 or 3, or maybe option 4 of building your shop on someone elses planet.

If you do want to build your own colony, it'd be very helpful to have a sort of theme for us to look at, something to show us that you aren't just building three super-fortresses and can actually bait in and maintain a healthy playerbase.

3. ziggles

ziggles New Member

So I guess western/frontier town it is? Most houses will be a wooden type one floor and some would look like the one in the picture I'll post here. Basically the hole in the ground in the one picture is where a vault would be. There would be guns allowed but they must be holstered unless used in self defense. The picture I'm posting down here is just a vague version of it I plan on doing a saloon and a little town with shanty houses and stuff like that. Lots of scrap lying around too probably. The gun store would most likely be in the vault, more specifically the only vault on the planet if there was to be one.
    [​IMG]

4. ziggles

ziggles New Member

Turns out instead of western theme since someone is already making a western one and I was unaware of this I plan on making it more post-apocalyptic and a rust scrap city feeling.

5. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

Sorry for the late reply. With the sheer amount of colonies coming our way, I just you take the option where you build a shop on someone else's settlement. This will ensure that you will have people to interact with and it will ensure us that the population isn't so spread out.

6. ziggles

ziggles New Member

Can I just make the shop in my ship or something?

7. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

You could make the shop in your ship.

8. ziggles

ziggles New Member

Awesome, alright I'm fine with that.