1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

What song best describes your character?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skipi, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skipi

skipi New Member

Not a theme song - What song your character best relates to. I'm curious to know why, as well, if you're able to put it into words.

#1 skipi, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014
  2. Diddums

Diddums That Loveable Lad

Best I could do for McKenzie without making him too edgy.

3. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

Beta.

Also his theme song, because it seriously fits very, very well. The clincher is towards the end of the song, when the word "insanity" starts to overlap "personal responsibility".

Due to certain things in his past (read: being tortured and persecuted by the hivemind Glitch for being self-aware and a "threat"), he has decided to take it upon himself to save and help any other outcasts, such as the Grounded, other self-aware Glitch, Apex rebels/dissidents, etc. and protect them, so they won't suffer as he has. He's very driven and very fanatic, to the point where he will track, seek out and murder any who he believes poses a threat to those under his care. All options are on the table at all times, because he simply doesn't take any chances. The needs of the few over the needs of the many, because the many do not care about the few.

4. Toley

Toley New Member

This song, mostly because it throws a lonely wandering emotion straight at you and that definitely reflect's Arcey's inner self. The simple lyrics in the song somewhat capture his thoughts, he feels threatened by new individuals and wishes to avoid changing his "home" or those he is close to by adding or loosing those individuals because he dose not want to be alone, or to open up enough for others to drive him away from those he already cares for.

5. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

I don't think any song could describe ol' spinach-face properly

6. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

Captain right now I guess. Also one of my favorite songs.

7. Khuzor

Khuzor New Member

The Miniknog comes to bring you peace and stability.

8. skipi

skipi New Member

This song best describes my character by the lyrics - Which by my interpretation describes someone suffering from loneliness and depression as a result of involuntary self-destruction. The words "Broken jaw" referring to one's inability to control their own mouth and behavior. Furthermore, the lyrics describe how they're the way that the are as a result of others ridiculing and shunning. Near the end of the song, the lyrics finally admit that it's not society that's abandoned them, but it's them that's abandoned society - "I am here, and I've slain my hero." They then go on to say that they can't change, even though that's all that they need to do, "What you need is higher than your shame."

The way that the song ramps up and gathers intensity toward the end thoroughly demonstrates my character's emotions and disheveled psyche.

Also, this is my favourite song of all time, since it's the only song with lyrics I've personally been able to interpret and relate to.

#8 skipi, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
  9. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Well, I was trying to think for some time. Most of my time is spent on Chaac, guarding the Fleet. I'd have to say this is probably a good song for him:

10. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Dis is the Blaze.

Title is pretty much... all you need to know why.

11. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

aiko goes through characters like a six year old child goes through a pack of m&ms

12. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

Rookster

13. Khuzor

Khuzor New Member

T0M45 dir Torquemada, connected Glitch and Cogminican fraier

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.