1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Weird Radio Message

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Rezima, Feb 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Rezima

Rezima New Member

I just heard this strange sound on the radio, it reminded me of Morse code. From what I could tell it said...

"...A person without a way to transmit their voice uses itaaa..."

Any one know anything about this?

2. Ness

Ness New Member

(Settia, a voiced response.) "Sssounds.. Peculiar. I know a friend who may be able to decipher just what it means."

3. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

Dear Sir or Madame,

I heard the message, as well, and was later informed of this 'Morse code'. I had assumed at the time that the code was used to convey a coded message, as tends to be the point of codes in general. However, if what you have said regarding your partial translation is true, then perhaps it is possible that those conversing were unable to communicate via speech? Perhaps they were mute, even. This would explain the need for a nonverbal form of communication.

However, why such individuals would not simply use the StarNet is beyond me, unless they are lacking in the technology or knowledge to access such.

Regards,
    - Chronicle

4. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

It has been confirmed the person sending the signal was a marooned Floran.