1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Weapon colouring in Starcheat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sammy McHammyDoodle, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

Hello everyone, I was wondering this today because I was busy with it, I wanted to know how I could colour weapons in Starcheat since it would be nice to be able to make weapons look a bit cooler, or more unique.
    If anyone would be willing to explain to me the following things that would be amazing!
    -In what places of the lines do I enter the colour codes?
    -Are the colour codes equal to hex codes?
    -How can I determine a colour and change it?
    Thanks for reading through this and also thanks for helping me if you can and it's no problem at all if you can't!
    XoXo,
    -Sam

P.s.
    If there is already a thread about this let me know! :)

2. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

"image": "/items/guns/randomgenerated/shotgun/middle/1.png?replace;404040=151414;871132=1b4af0;606060=1b4af0;808080=151414;b22042=1b4af0;e35f5d=151414",

That's a piece from one of my older weapons, but it'll serve nicely for this tutorial.

-All of the numbers after "?replace;" serve as the colors. The color codes are hex codes.

As an example, let's look at "?replace;404040=151414". 404040 in this case is one of the original colors. It is part of that piece's original color scheme. 151414 is the replacement color. It is the color that will actually show up in-game. So the phrase "?replace;404040=151414" essentially means "the color 404040 is actually 151414". You do this for each of the piece's original colors, separating each section with a semicolon, as seen in the example.

-Standard image editors such as GIMP or Photoshop will always let you find out a color's corresponding hex code using the eyedrop tool. There are other, less complicated sites that will let you search a color and get its hex code, or vice versa (I like to use http://www.color-hex.com/). It's all up to preference and what you find easiest.

3. John_McFakename

John_McFakename New Member

On this subject, how about recolouring the racial, non-generated weapons?

4. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

MMMMMMMM, This is what I'm talking about, thanks you've helped me quite a lot!

5. Aromyl

Aromyl Mad Coder

Can you elaborate on that? Do you mean something as a tier-ten hylotl sword, or an avian blaster, or something else? Maybe an example of something you'd want recoloured?

6. John_McFakename

John_McFakename New Member

The avian blasters etc. are counted as generated weapons in the assets. I mean the melee weapons one crafts, like the Tier10 Rootkit broadsword.

7. Aromyl

Aromyl Mad Coder

Oh, then in that case it's completely viable to recolour those. Usually they should contain a variable "colorOptions", which is essentially the same as the directive "?replace". Former hex first, toHex second. Or, if I'm not mistaken (Haven't really don't much editing in a month), you can simply go into the image variable and add the ?replace directive, and it should to the exact same thing.

On the notes of colour, is it common knowledge on adding transparency to images or no?