1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[Wagon Full Speed] MARKUS KROSSWELL

Discussion in 'Character Discussion' started by M-Bot, Aug 8, 2014.

1. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

I gotta do this because he's probably my most important character and I need to know what I can do to improve him. Don't go easy on me pls.

2. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

not enough muscle
    needs more abs

3. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

That depends highly on if you intentionally make him a hypocrite?

I've interacted with you a few times on various sides of his personally, and I found him to say and do some very conflicting things. Again, if this is an intentional trait, that is fine.

4. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

That's actually intentional. It's both a personal character flaw (or advantage, given his backstory) and a perk of the job.

5. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Then I've no issue with him, other then I personally dislike coffee, and he stands as the server's greatest vessel on the brew's behalf.

With the RA "gone", he could always become a Coffee Bean Cultist leader.

6. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

I won't lose my time with a guy who has become a lowly bartender and has changed 'race'.

PS: I still luv him < 3

PS2: Change his image in sig, that's not his reality anymore.

7. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

i'm procrastinating :(

edit: And this was and is by far the biggest... "iffy" action I've done with Crosswell so far, and I'm thinking long and hard on ways to do it completely right because honestly, I don't like it. I don't like the process behind the change and I understand completely if people think it's sketchy. But at the same time I think it was necessary, because Crosswell has developed something along the lines of plot armor. He's a bullet!sponge, and, like I said in another thread, by all rights should be dead by now. Him having to actually have his brain transplanted into a Glitch body (because it is a Glitch body) was my way of saying "he's been shot to hell and back and now his body has started to fail him".

Would I like to void Crosswell becoming a robot and redo this entire thing in a completely different way? Yes. But too much has happened and too many characters have reacted to the change already, and I'm not going to do that, because despite my unease with the entire "brain in a robotic suit" thing, it's done and I have to make the best of it. My main concern now is making sure the downsides of the transfer far outweigh the benefits - definitely in a temporary fashion, if not permanently. There is absolutely no way a human could have their brain put into a synthetic vessel and be perfectly fine afterwards, weapons engineering genius or not.

#7 M-Bot, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
  8. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

[​IMG]
    I didn't know about the human brain in a glitch thing. I take back anything nice I said.

9. Doctor Frohman

[​IMG]
    At least you're not changing your race to like, hylotl or something unfeaseable, you're still a human, technically?

10. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

He identifies as a human, yes, and doesn't speak like a Glitch. As him and he'll say like "I'm a human, just more... metal." It's sorta like a prosthetic, just for the, errr, entire body. >_>

;_;

The reason it's a "Glitch" body is because of time constraints and lack of expertise in "brain in a jar" robotics. The body was still made explicitly for Crosswell - it's not like soldiers kidnapped some random glitch off the streets and shoved his brain inside. Glitch members of Crosswell's research team made it, since they would probably have the most experience doing such a thing. And it isn't without its downsides.

That's my reasoning, at least. I understand any hesitance towards "race changes".

#10 M-Bot, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
  11. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

12. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

I assume Fatal Circuit's rampage was due to it being a monster brain, aka instincts without (or with limited) consciousness taking over the robot, thus causing the rampage. Nowhere in that codex or the lore as a whole (unless I'm mistaken, in which case pls link) does it say the brain was taken from a member of the other races, and we are still in the dark as to the anatomy of the Glitch, so I had to take some creative liberties.

13. Doctor Frohman

What about the Floran brain?
    OH! Florans have brains!
    There we go, part of Floran anatomy = Solved.

14. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Unless the last line of that link if false, that would be why I linked it.

15. Aradin Stanguit

Aradin Stanguit The Vigil's Jester

But wasn't the body used in the book a experimental glitch body?

16. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be a joke regarding Floran savagery, because lore-wise they aren't exactly known for being the most peaceful of species.

I would like your opinion on whether I can continue on with this or whether the situation is too improbable (or breaks the CoC too much) and should be retconned into Cross just getting a shitload of cybernetic implants - some external, which could be fit the conversations regarding his transplant with some tweaking, and some internal.

17. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

I wanna know what you have against the letter C.
    BE NORMAL YOU SON OF A BITCH
    MARCUS.
    CROSSWELL.

18. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

As far as I know Astora is in the same boat as you. I just don't want other people doing stuff like this, "just because", ya'know? If you want to tweek it, that is up to you. I personally find situations where the character is ripped into such extremes to be sorta... well, silly unless there is an incredibly good reason for it.

I was jokingly giving you a hard time, but gender bending and race changing is a very touchy subject. I like the races to be kept apart, and continue to be unique without having snowflake stories shoved into them.

19. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

This just in, Twitch is a racist.

20. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

It was an extreme solution for what I deemed an extreme problem, aka "THIS SON OF A BITCH ISNT DYING" and all that. I look at it from the point of view of a war vet getting his legs amputated and getting prosthetics, except in this case it was that Crosswell's entire body was finally giving out on him, so he was... uh... given a full body prosthetic. It's why he still identifies as a human.