1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Voting.

Discussion in 'Concerns and Suggestions' started by Haplap, Apr 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Friends, I think you may have noticed that we're fifth on the server list. That means people will scroll through four other server options before even considering our server as a place to RP. This obviously means we're going to attract less players and have our community grow at a slower rate compared to numero uno. How do we fix this, you might ask? By having more votes than the other servers. Now i'm not going to just nag you to vote, as that's been proven ineffective, i'm going to (attempt) to offer an incentive to voting.

As i'm sure some of our more senior players will remember, Antares used to run a monthly voting contest in which the people with the most votes had a chance to win a cash prize. Now, I understand in our current situation, we're unable to offer cash as a reward to players, but we are able to offer other things. There are a few members of our community who are capable of producing content, such as art, custom items, videos, maybe even music and possibly other things. Hell i'm willing to sing people songs if they make enough votes in a month or something.

So really, this is more of a proposal directed at the staff team. If you can find members of the community willing to offer content that incentivises people to vote, then we can set up a voting rewards system. As a side note, i'm willing to chip in to create content for the system, even though it's probably not content anyone would want. If we can get it to be reliable and interesting, it would hopefully boost our vote count. Even if it doesn't boost our votes a significant amount, our dedicated players can feel a sense of reward for remembering to support their community.

So here comes the part where I beg that you guys actually take the time to read and post. If you're willing to help the community and create some sort of content for the rewards system, post here. Comments and concerns? Post here. Think it's a wonderful idea? Post here. It's the only way to let the staff know whether the community approves the idea and if it has enough support behind it that it's worth trying.

2. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Honestly, not sure what kind of rewards could be offered. You've listed a few ideas, but I think it'd be an awkward system if we're relying on community members to reward each other with free stuff. The staff could offer things like custom name colours or titles or badges, but that's about it (as far as I know.) Really, the incentive to vote should be to see the server grow. Perhaps have the voting button more prominent, or have it pop up when you log in each day. Not saying that your idea won't work, keep in mind I've been known to be a pessimist.