1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Voting Reminder Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goldsum, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Goldsum

Goldsum New Member

I have made this thread with one purpose in mind, that purpose being to remind everyone to vote every single day, since it can be easy to forgot sometimes. I did this with a friend last month using private messenges and I have to say, it worked quite well. So here is how it will work:
    First, you most go and follow this thread. I will post a voting reminder in this thread everyday so whenever you see the notification for this thread go and click it and go to this thread because if you don't the notification will not popup the next day and then you might forgot to vote to vote, which would defeat the point of the thread. I ask that we keep postings in this thead to the minimal, because I don't want people ignoring this thread because it keeps spamming there notification bar all day long. And by all means, if I forget to post in this thread on a day, by all means post a voting reminder yourself in the thread.

2. Goldsum

Goldsum New Member

[​IMG]
    Remember to vote for the server today!

3. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

As much as I appreciate this idea, the forum is already set up to automatically remind you each day if you're logged in.

4. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

That and the badges are actually a great passive reminder if you frequent the forums.

5. Goldsum

Goldsum New Member

Wait so would you prefer if I didn't do this? I know the forum already reminds you daily, but I know alot of people who just kinda ignore that, because it kinda becomes white noise after a while. I feel like this would be a more active remind for those that opt in for it, especially since I'm going to try to find/create "amusing" pictures everyday to post along with the vote reminder. Your the boss though, so it's whatever you wanna do.

6. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

You can do what you like, bumping once per day shouldn't be too spammy.

7. Goldsum

Goldsum New Member

[​IMG]
    Literally this

8. Goldsum

Goldsum New Member

[​IMG]
    Vote!

9. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

-Looks for dislike thread link-

10. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Yeah... maybe this isn't such a hot idea, after all. I appreciate your energy, though!