1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Marshal Service Database

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Punished Tacc, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

So the whole point of the Marshal Service is hunting down criminals of the United Systems and bringing them to justice. As it's been building up a base, it's time to start giving them assignments. We already have a few names in the USSEC database, but we could always use more. How will this work you ask?

You are eligible to go in the database if you have committed a crime in any of the following places: Haus, Stark, Honeydew, Marathon, Taranis, New Hopewell or within "United Systems Space". ((this also includes crimes in backstories)).

If you are eligible, you will be placed in the database. At that point, eventually your character will be assigned to a Marshal to track down and bring to justice. At this point, you can:

1. OOCly declare you don't want to deal with that RP, in which case the Marshal fails to find any leads and the file is declared "cold". You will not be actively pursued.
    2. Delay the search so you can plan something extravagant. This can have any outcome, so long as all parties agree to it.
    3. Go with the flow, and let the Marshal seek you out as they would.

All 3 avenues require the Marshal to contact the character in question, preferably with myself, sloth and verita and/or any other mod attached. Once a plan is in motion, the story goes down. If you are captured by the Marshal, it will lead to a few outcomes. You will either be imprisoned at Crater's End, killed, released for whatever reason fits, or some other plot relevant outcome. This all of course requires careful planning, and coordination from all parties. But if done right, we can have a living, breathing judiciary system active in the server!

If you are interested in getting onto the database and getting a marshal after you, or becoming a marshal in this great game of cat and mouse, just post in this thread and you will be directed to relevant threads.

Here's the format we use for filling out profiles. If you'd like to speed up the process, fill it out and post it here.

[Criminal profile layout]
    Offender's Name (Last, First, Middle):
    Identification Number:
    Race:
    Home of Record (City/Village/Colony, Planet, Sector, Coordinates):
    Capital Offences(In order of frequency):
    Civil Offences(In order of frequency):
    Current Sentence: (Fines, exile from the Fort, etc.)
    Sentence Status: (Served, still on the run, etc.)
    Eligible for pardon(Y/N?): (If already pardoned, specify.)

#1 Punished Tacc, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
  2. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Ooh! I think Red would be in there. She used to be the leader of a pirate organization. Nuff said there. They have recently become more active, including killing the colony Felgith was at.

3. Sen

Sen Guest

Ew.

4. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Red is still in the database from what I can tell.

C.Y.A (cover your ass, gotta plan for everything)

5. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

traptooth goes w/o sayin'
    ye can count'm in

6. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

Alright, due to Gamma's developing backstory and moral character, and given the whole purpose behind these Marshals, I'm essentially obligated to sign him up for pursuit.

His crimes? Well, on his very first visit to Marathon, a hilariously unfortunate series of events caused his nuclear reactor to go critical inside the base (don't even ask how he somehow got by the scanner), and in the commotion he nearly killed a Marine via radiation poisoning. Since we all know how humans can twist facts, this accidental mishap could easily cause Gamma to be labeled as a sentient, walking weapon of mass destruction (even though the reactor is now safe - don't hurt me Verita ;_; ), and I suppose you can throw attempted murder of military personnel onto that pile as well.

The only thing I ask is to "wait" a little bit, because several events and meetings will eventually get Gamma into a position of power that, quite frankly, could escalate this whole thing and make for some fantastic RP opportunities.

If you're game, of course!

7. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

We were actually talking about sending a Marshal after Traptooth, but it ended with the Senior Marshal on-site saying "you're too green, should leave that one for the veterans". Yep, if he isn't in the database already we'll get Gamma set up.

8. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Mucklurk threw a bag of shit at Joshua once. After pooping all over the transit tunnel of Mattis.

9. Kai

trap be ayyyyyy
    though I say let me do a few more posts to solidify his glory before his face gets riddled with bullets
    i don't have any other "villain" characters, SO.

10. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Marshals tend to take people alive, they'd wanna take TrapTooth to Crater's End. But, they would shoot to kill if provoked.

11. Kai

ayyy, then i do have a character to go to prison RP. i'm in B)

12. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

I meant Red Hawk XD. Not sure if that's what you meant. Tacc.

13. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Me neither, might have to fill out a profile for them.

2 Marshals have been dispatched to bring in the following targets: "Johnson" and "Hard-Drive" (who may very well be the same person).

14. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

Would it be possible for any independent lawmen who regularly work w/ the USCM to gain at least partial access to the database?

15. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

You could probably sign up Eyepecker for this if the rest of the crew is on it too is up to the players who play the crewmembers.

16. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

You should sign Faversae.

17. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

I'd say Groundflyer, part-time pirate, part-time Astral Navy Captain Should be in there. he's been part of serious heists.

18. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Here's the format we use to fill out profiles. Feel free to fill one out if you'd like them added to the database without an IC event.

[Criminal profile layout]
    Offender's Name (Last, First, Middle):
    Identification Number:
    Race:
    Home of Record (City/Village/Colony, Planet, Sector, Coordinates):
    Capital Offences(In order of frequency):
    Civil Offences(In order of frequency):
    Current Sentence: (Fines, exile from the Fort, etc.)
    Sentence Status: (Served, still on the run, etc.)
    Eligible for pardon(Y/N?): (If already pardoned, specify.)

19. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

Erhhh, Featherleaf has already been marooned but he got rescued by his pirate buddies. I s'pose the USCM doesn't know about that. However, I'd like for Featherleaf to sorta be considered dead :D

20. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

If you put up Eyepecker do something like this

Offender's Name:Eyepecker
    Identification Number:Unknown
    Race:Avian
    Home of record:His ship
    Capital Offences:Murder,Sentient trafficking,abductions,assault,Robbery,Drug trafficking
    Civil Offences: public indecency
    Current Sentence:35 years in prison
    Sentence Status:On the run
    Eligible for pardon(Y/N?):No