1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Varni's Logs

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by Lindy, May 1, 2015.

1. Lindy

Lindy New Member

Initiating upload....
    <Upload complete>
    Account:
    Varni Hayes, Captain of the ship Nashira
    Date: Roughly 100 days out
    Summary: Arriving in Antares system soon
    Body:
    Well it's finally happened. I've had to take leave of my usual work areas due to a distinct lack of "Safe" jobs. Numerous stupid idiots expected me to single handedly take on an Apex base or some other massive ordeal. I mean at least provide me with some workers at least!

So naturally I took the money and left.

Anyway I feel like I've overstayed my welcome here and I've heard rumors of a fairly well established area in the Antares system. I hear they even have actual colonies set up! Not just lame base camps and scrub lands. I mean yeah I've seen the Avian and Apex colonies before on my travels. But I mean... I hear these are pretty accepting of most people or some sort. At the very least there should be some place for an incredibly clever and witty Novakid somewhere. I mean really, who wouldn't want to have me running their errands? I'm totally reliable. ;)

And honestly there's no one to tell them otherwise. They are pretty far out from where I was before. It will take quite a while for the news to travel. If it even does. Besides. If I make a trustworthy name for myself here, no one will believe it! It's a flawless plan to be quite honest. And I'm very proud I've thought of it.

As it stands though, I'm running on bare bones right now. Low on fuel. Low on food. And Sirius is getting awful fed up with left over dinners from the fridge. Some one has to eat them though! What ever that steak is it is absolutely foul smelling and I refuse to touch it. It might change my flare color or something. And that is the last thing I need. I quite like my lovely violet hue. Ultraviolet light is simply fantastically gorgeous and under appreciated.

Anyway I'm rambling. I'll be entering the system soon and I should probably start putting out a radio call for a refuel or something. I'm not entirely certain I'll make it to the sun's gravitational pull on what I have. But oh well. That's life. We'll see what happens.

I'm afraid I must leave it at this thought. Sirius is getting really antsy. I think his food must have gone off recently, time to dump it out the airlock.