1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Unturned: Roleplay potential?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Clockai Pyrosik, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Clockai Pyrosik

Clockai Pyrosik New Member

There's a game on Steam called Unturned. It costs the insane amount of absolutely nothing. It's a first-person zombie-survival-them-up set in Canada with an artstyle that says "Hello world, fuck you, I do what I want". I, personally speaking, think it could be good Roleplay material for Antares, but I wanna know:
    What do YOU think, Fourm?

2. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

Zombie-survival can also be setup in SB or any other game with a little bit of imaginashoon with a sandbox envoirement.
    My two cents on this, the DayZ RP thing also did not lift off because of similar facts.

3. Clockai Pyrosik

Yes, but part of the problem with DayZ is the fact that you have to memorize 2000+ controls in order to have a basic understanding of how to play the game. Unturned isn't as complicated and you can build mighty structures.

4. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

Unturned suffers from the fact that its only developer is an amateur 17 year old. It has resulted in a game that is overall poorly designed in terms of mechanics, unpleasant artwork and assets, and downright buggy gameplay. I'm not even going to mention its netcode.

As an indie artist, I highly respect the ambition of Nelson Sexton, but unfortunately I do not think that Unturned is suitable for extended playing, let alone roleplay.

I politely disagree, Clockai. I do not think that we should waste time on a roleplay sever that would quickly be deserted.

5. Clockai Pyrosik

Fair enough, I did start this for honest opinions. Thank you for not being rude.

6. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

Even with simple controls, the possibilities remain very limited. Can even build mighty construction on Starbound.