1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Unknown Colony Discovered - PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andromeda-SB, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Andromeda-SB

Andromeda-SB New Member

Hello everyone,
    Sometime last night I was cruising around the sector where I had built Elysium and discovered what appears to be a large USCM base. It seemed to be under construction and currently unoccupied. I checked again this afternoon with the players logged in but nobody has yet claimed it. It appears to have been very painstakingly constructed -- which would be a shame to destroy especially having seen the massive amount of effort put into it.

IC, Cordelia is actually a high-value asset for the USCM. She keeps a distance from them for good reason. Likewise, she tends to patrol the sector of Elysium to keep an eye out for pirate/slaver activities -- the likelihood of her noticing this colony would be rather high given its size. Naturally she'd make an effort to try and rid the place of its presence.

I have a few questions regarding this base:
    1.) Who built this colony?
    2.) Was the construction deliberately made near Elysium?
    2.) Would it be alright to move it if it remains unclaimed? If not, might I keep the facility for myself? :D

Screenshots to follow.

2. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Watch it be Chucklefish's new kickass random planet generation engine thing. That would be pretty neat. Sorry for pointless post, I though I was funny.

3. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

None of us in the USAF faction built it, so I'm willing to bet it's random genned.

4. Andromeda-SB

Andromeda-SB New Member

No, it's not. It's clearly player-built with a bar and club, wired buttons, a full grown hydropod farm with all the known seeds; crafting tables, etc, etc.

5. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

uhhh. May I see it?
    invite Joshua in game

6. Yotan

Yotan New Member

What are the Coords?

7. Foray

Foray New Member

It's on a barren planet, I think it's one of them on the left in the same system as Elysium.

8. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

If its on an ocean planet.
    Then I think I know who built it.