1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Tlihuic's blooded scrawling.

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by Orenten, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orenten

Orenten New Member

A journal sits alone in the woods of Mud, covered in a splash of blood protected under a giant leaf from the rain. The bottom half of the journal is ruined, but all that was written in the new journal was two pages.

I can't wait to start my new job this time! I'm finally going to be able to make a name for myself, and maybe earn enough money to make a trip back to Avos to rejoin my faith! Surely the Sunborn will forgive me for acting with the Grounded, but seeing how no Flightless have answered to my call for aid, I'm left with no other option. I'm going to have a home, I have friends, so many new things that I never could have dreamed of as a Scribe before! I wonder if, maybe, I really need to go back? A small shrine, some prayers, and in principle I could stay here.

The next page, however, is much more grim, covered in a splash of blood.

Dear Kluex, it followed me. I saw something move in the woods, dragging someone away, a corpse. I tried to chase after it, I tried to confront it, but oh SONBORN what a mistake I made. I am hiding, I am hiding, I won't make it. Large, on all fours, it runs fast, it smells, the rain protects me, it hides my scent. I can't move, I'm safe in the bush, it won't find me so long as it rains. Oh Sunborn let it rain till the beast goes away. I hear it, it's moving outside the bushes, I dare not peek, I wish not to look, if I can see it then it surely can see me. I'm sorry for all the pain I caused, I'm sorry for the trouble, I'm sorry for my sins and proud of my achievements, what little I've accomplished here. I hear it, snapping bones, it's near again, it's looking for me and eating. I don't want to die, I just got a job, I just made friends, I just found a home, I want to go home, I want to see my room, I want to lay down. No, I want to wake up, this is all a bad dream, this is all-

the rain stopped
    therainstopped
    thr ainh asst oppedits hereitshereitshere---___x==_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.