1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Approved Thread Title (Synthetic character application)

Discussion in 'Character Questions' started by Username, Jan 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Username

Username Custom Title

- The character -
    I.V.A. (Intelligent Virtual Assistant) is an AI who is a disembodied digital intelligence that travels through the Internet, living as a program on a host computer. They display themself with an avatar that can be changed to look like any of the 7 races and are able to input commands into the device to do what they need or want within limits. Iva isn't a super computer, just a program, and as such can only do so much at a time. They can interpret and send inputs like any normal program, however what they do with this is up to them and is limited to the power of the computer. Just because they are a program doesn't mean they have any real hacking skills. Just enough to get past a basic firewall, but nothing beyond that.

-Ending Message-
    I'd like to say that I know there have been (as least last time I was here) too many robot characters, and this may be going a tad too far with the idea, but I wanted to at least try and get it passed.

I see a lot of potential in a character like this because of the limited ways they can interact. Plus it'll be easier for me to play a character like this regularly. I understand they also have potential to be misused as some "super-hacker" character, and I tried to make it so they couldn't even if I wanted to. The hacking element about them isn't a focus and I only want to use it to help explain how they get around. If you have any questions about them, feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer them.

2. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

I'm just a little curious at how you intend for this character to be played on the server. Without a physical body, they'd be limited to, well, just about nowhere.

3. Username

Username Custom Title

Well thats part of the fun of the character, all of their interactions would be limited between the device they were on and the internet starnet. So I planned on (one way or another) having the character get onto somebody's digital device (PDA, computer, etc) or work some device into their backstory they would be on in the meantime to hook up to starnet.

4. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Alright. So long as there's no biggest hack of the history, this'll be fine. Approved.