1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Thinking about a theme for a settlement

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by NightGamerBR, Dec 6, 2015.

?

What survival situation would you prefer ?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2016.
  1. Fallout - Nuclear bombing, the world is as Wasteland, Survive in a vault.

11.1%
  2. Zombie Apocalypse - Zombies destroyed the world, only few survivors remains scavenging.

22.2%
  3. Purge - The world turned into chaos. Very few people are still sane.

11.1%
  4. Stranded - You're in the middle of the ocean with few people.

55.6%
  1. NightGamerBR

NightGamerBR New Member

I wanted to make a settlement built around a theme like the Vaults on Fallout or a giant ship cruising the seas.

I need more ideias so i can get building

2. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Pitch: Conquest of Paradise

Settlement:
    • A "colony" on a large, stolen Avian pirate airship(so no FTL capabilities and unable to go into space), on an ocean planet.
    Survival challenge:
    • gathering supplies on the planet, being attacked by other pirate vessels.

Mechanically:
    • you terraform the area under the airship every now and then, to create the illusion of travel/movement over the planet's surface.
    • you build other, smaller airships around it and RP boarding situations, fighting the pirates off, ...
    Advantages:
    • pirate RP, yo how how and a couple of guns (that's it right? right?)
    • you stay within the starbound theme
    • you won't get accused of blatantly copying stuff from other media
    • easy to add some additional elements, and the world you're doing it on is your drawing board
    Disadvantages:
    • requires a lot of building expertise
    • requires a rather large amount of participants in order to "lift off" properly
    • requires a lot of effort and interest
    • requires a lot of planning, proper communication and commitment

3. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

^ Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Remove the mecha and human military fighting space alien squids, but keep the Pirate/Ocean scavengers/survivor's society thing and you're golden.

Bunch of airships chained together to form some kind of flying air city, you terraform the area ocassionally to simulate its movement, and when combat events happen, combat personnel goes to their combat stations etc...

[​IMG]

When it rains, people gather the water because there's not a lot of fresh water on the ocean planet, scavenging and gathering RP, fishing for food, ... In addition, you can add a HOOK (rp reason/motivation) to actually live there / bother with the place), a legend or myth of some great treasure (ONE PIECE) or an abundance of a dangerous, very important material (We require more minerals!). Also, because you're a bunch of pirates, you probably don't have super high tech stuff, but the old rusty, reverse engineered/recovered kind've tech.

If you prefer you can also just ditch the avian skypship theme and go with a Hylotl ship-based asian pirate theme, with Hylotl deviants, either way, the gist is that everyone can add their little ships to this giant fleet, like when people build buildings on a planet, forming a big moving city thing/

https://kissanime.to/Anime/Suisei-no-Gargantia First 4 episodes are really cool in terms of the setting of the pirate life. You can ignore the guy with his robot.

And yes I do see the irony of me saying you're not blatantly stealing a theme or plot from other media, and then sending you stuff from an anime I watched at some point...

4. Kanake

Kanake New Member

^ I second this idea! The idea of a colony on a ship in an ocean planet would be reaaally cool. 'Course lots of people would need to pitch in and there would have to be a lot of coordination, but I think it'd be great!

5. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

This seems like a really unique idea, and it would be really fun to RP with. I'd love to help you in any way I can.

6. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

ZAWMBEEEEEEEEES

7. Krug

Krug New Member

Both of those ideas sound great. I'm not too good at building, but if you'd like I can try to help construct one of those.

8. NightGamerBR

NightGamerBR New Member

Thank you all for the suggestions,Ill be gone for this week but before x-mas the place will be ready.
    I would also appreciate some ideias for the captain of the ship.

9. Krug

Krug New Member

I built the beginning of an Avian ship when I heard about this, you can use it if you want.

10. Yotan

Yotan New Member